+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My husband always sides with my in-laws

Angry My husband always sides with my in-laws

My in-laws are always finding fault with me. For every small thing, from the way I dress to the my cooking - they keep criticizing me. they even complain about me to our neighbours and family people.

I do everything they say, I dress like they say, I cook with the exact same recipe that my mother-in-law used, but still they just love complaining about me.

Telling my husband is useless as he always takes his parents' side and tells me that i am over-reacting and that it must have been my fault. I am feeling very stressed and am holding my patience and silence but it is getting more and more difficult to listen to all this without snapping back. I dont want to create fights and tensions. Can someone suggest how can i make my unhappiness come across to my husband in a way that he will not blame me and talk to my in-laws to lay off me?

hi kiran dont take stress. it will harm u. dont tell ur husband about this. handle this situation in ur own way. ur husband is their son. he cant listen to u.

Hi Kiran....i understand your situation because I too faced a similar situation.However, I handled it in my way just as Radha said....
    U have to think and apply logic to handle such weird situations.First of all,be brave and sit down to talk to them stating that you are a part of that family and you are trying hard to please them but some adjustments should also be there from their end else things might go to a wrong direction.Tell them frankly whatever you feel...and sort out