+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No bowel movement since 3 days

Question No bowel movement since 3 days

There is no bowel movement for my 2.5 months old baby from last 3 days. Some are advising to give boiled water, and some are telling to give dry gripes(raisins) boiled water.. My pedeac asked me to use castor oil with bethel leaves and put it for my baby.. Not sure which of these will help. Anyone faced these issues earlier? My baby doesnt seem to feel more uncomfortable at this point, but I am more worried..

For a 2.5 months baby, it really becomes difficult when unable to pass stools. The baby will remain cranky. Anything given internally to the baby is not good as it can lead to serious problems. Castor oil is very good home remedy for curing bowel related problems. My grandmother also suggested this for my baby. When ever there is constipation problem, I put pure castor oil on the navel of the baby. It really works. you can give it a try and it is safe without side effects.

Hi, Thanks for your suggestion. I waited for one more day to give castor oil, as many others told not to worry much if baby is just breastfed and not given anything else.Later, on 4th day, bowel movement happened.. I became so happy
    Last edited by IndiaParenting; 01-07-2014 at 05:39 PM.

I was amazed to read the article by care mengatasi sembelit, it says There is no bowel movement for my 2.5 months old baby for last 3 days. Some are advising to give boiled water, and some are telling to give dry gripes(raisins) boiled water.