+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Books for 5-6 yr olds

Mariam Dsouza's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

Books for 5-6 yr olds

My son is just 5 yrs old but I would like him to read books so that he develops a reading habit. In our family, everybody loves reading but I do not know if my son would be able to have this habit. I feel that reading habit is the best gift a parent can give to the child. I know my son is too small, but still I want him to be fascinated by books. Which books can I start with for him?

Hetal Kapoor's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    My kid is a book worm but I love this fact. He got this habit when he was a toddler as I used to read stories to him, then when he learned to read, he started reading himself. I got him simple story books at first so that he got interest in reading. I remember buying Bubbles book for him. They were very interesting for a 5 yr kid.

I ensure that I read a story aloud to my kid once a week to instill the interest in reading. Soon, he picked it up as the Orchids international school has a reading club where children are exposed to various books. I got few books from the club. A simple picture story book works wonders at the initial stage.