+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Issues with In-Laws

Issues with In-Laws

I am really fed up with my In-Laws they interfere in each and everything. I am working mother and my daughter is 2.5 yrs old. While i am out they take care of my daughter as soon as i come home they start cribbing that your daughter is this that and all. I understand she is little naughty but they always talk sarcastically that you go out and enjoy and we have to take care of your daughter. They are really giving me mental torture i am not able to keep myself cool. I told my husband many times but he is like i can't help i cannot tell anything to my parents. In the past situations was so worst that i almost decided to divorce him just because of my daughter i thought for a while and came back. But now situation is same. Yesterday i saw my mother in law beating my daughter. They are showing anger on my daughter. Please advice me, i feel so helpless. In Feb i have to go to US for 4 months assignment, seeing this situation i am not sure i will be able to keep my daughter with them. They don't allow me to go to my parents house. Please guide or advice me, i am really stressed. There are many things i want to write but my patience is not allowing me. Thank you!

hi,
    it's very difficult manage your situation. I observed lot of grand parents who don't have broad mind . They thought that it is responsibility of daughter-in-law if kids are very naughty and indiscipline. if kids are silent & discipline then that credit goes to them or their son but not to daughter-in-law. whatever it may be, with out help of husband it's very tough to take some decisions.
    some points i observed in your case
    1. you depended on your in-laws for the purpose of your kid.
    2. you need to do job for your finance/ dream.
    3. you don't have support of your husband

so ultimately, you are key person who is managing all things at home but not getting results. already your kid is 2.5 years old. if you are in city, try to keep your kid in any good Day-care center on your office timings or hire a private nanny for your kid. Your husband & in-laws may reject this decision. but be strong yourself to argue with them. just try to explain them that you don't want to give risk to your in-laws because of your kid. While you are on your US tour, assign drop & pickup responsibility of kid to your husband at day care center daily. so that your in-laws can't point out you any more because of your kid. your kid also get social mingling nature as well as freedom from over control if she spent in day care . Some active kids are need friends to use their energy levels always instead of controllers. if control is over, their original skills will gone off in future and rejection level is increased.