+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Methods to Massage a Baby

IndiaParenting's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Methods to Massage a Baby

What are the benefits of massaging a newborn baby? How should one massage a newborn baby? What parts of the baby’s body should be massaged?
    To read the related article, click here.

Newborn baby massage is an integral part of Indian culture. I remember when I had my baby, my mother stressed me on giving my baby massage. I kept a massage lady for my baby but my mom insisted me on doing that cos she said that this leads to mother-baby bonding. I listened to her and i was very happy. I had a great time with my baby so you should massage your baby yourself.

Massaging a baby is best for bonding. I feel that only a mother should massage the baby as the baby knows his mother as he was within her for 9 months. The baby is able to reciprocate the feelings and feels secure. Massage helps in circulation and strengthening of bones.

Siya Gandhi's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    I have two kids. I always massaged my babies when they were small. I use to sit in a clam and quiet place which got plenty of sunshine. With extreme love and care, I use to start slowly by massaging the limbs first. With slow motions, I used to massage and used olive oil. My both the kids did not cry while massaging but rather enjoyed. I also massaged the head but in a very gentle manner.

It is very important to take care of these things while doing massage of the baby. Babies are having very soft skin and soft bones. Whenever I need massage therapy for myself I normally go here https://nicelocal.co.uk/nearme/medic...joint_massage/ to get the good treatment. Here I get a lot of relaxation and my mind becomes peaceful.

I didn't know that kids can get massages.

In fact, it is really possible and even necessary to massage the child, as it can help with the development and strengthening of his muscles, as well as accelerate growth. It will also help to prevent problems with posture. But it is important to understand that this massage should only be done by professionals. In the massage parlor where I work, we use special massage tables about which you can learn more. With their help we do massages for children, thanks to which the child begins to feel much better.