+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Top 10 Domestic Workouts

IndiaParenting's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Top 10 Domestic Workouts

Are you too busy to join a gym or fitness class? What exercises can you do at home to lose weight? What household chores do you think can double up as workouts to help you stay fit?
    To read the related article, click here.

Malti Shanker's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Really we women do have a time crunch. We give priority to our family and neglect our health. I do not think its possible to continue doing exercises at home. Even I want to be fit and healthy but I can't seem to have time. Recently I have started dusting. Can this be a workout? Does this help me in any way?

Fatima Shreen's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi Shinjani! dusting is good but i do not think it gives much of a work out. Though it is better than doing nothing. There are many household chores that can give you a thorough work out. I was missing out my workouts and then I came upon this idea of doing household chores. I relieved my maid of some chores and did myself. I started sweeping and I feel this is the best workout for the whole body. after sweeping, i feel very hungry so I think that this causes a lot of calories to burn.

Shilpa Sethi's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    I have neglected my health too much, being a working mother of a 3yr old again puts you down in devoting time, Joining Gyms...being cost involved in it you tend to follow it regularly but over the time and with daily responsibilities you start avoiding it and you get back to the normal routine doing nothing!

Doing domestic work helps us in way to at least do something for us too other than home :P. I make a point of cleaning - brushing house at least twice in a week, clean my own clothes (some of them ).

as i use public transport to office i generally get down a stop before and try walking to home, use stairs often and yes try doing yoga.

You can also buy a CD at home for workouts and perform it at your home, can take a walk after dinner, play with your children outdoor often, walk between advertisements while watching television to do work in kitchen rather than sitting and switching channels, Avoid always asking your domestic help to do your work - yes you are paying them you tend to ask for doing work but in a way you are spoiling your body too.

This is my way of doing workout, i know its not enough for my type of weight but still i try doing something than nothing, will always try move further doing more for my health.

Shilpa Sethi's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    I have neglected my health too much, being a working mother of a 3yr old again puts you down in devoting time, Joining Gyms...being cost involved in it you tend to follow it regularly but over the time and with daily responsibilities you start avoiding it and you get back to the normal routine doing nothing!

Doing domestic work helps us in way to at least do something for us too other than home :P. I make a point of cleaning - brushing house at least twice in a week, clean my own clothes (some of them ).

as i use public transport to office i generally get down a stop before and try walking to home, use stairs often and yes try doing yoga.

You can also buy a CD at home for workouts and perform it at your home, can take a walk after dinner, play with your children outdoor often, walk between advertisements while watching television to do work in kitchen rather than sitting and switching channels, Avoid always asking your domestic help to do your work - yes you are paying them and you tend to ask for doing work but in a way you are spoiling your body too.

This is my way of doing workout, i know its not enough for my type of weight but still i try doing something than nothing, will always try move further doing more for my health.
    Last edited by Shilpa Sethi; 18-10-2013 at 03:16 PM.

Hetal Kapoor's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi, glad to know that you are health conscious. We ladies generally are too busy with our daily chores that fitness takes a backseat. Being a working mother makes fitness more challenging. Doing domestic workouts is great for working mothers as it does not involve much time and cost. I liked your idea of workouts. I am also a working mother and I always used to postpone exercises just by being too lazy. Now after hearing from you, I feel like its high time now that I start exercising. Taking a leaf out of your domestic workouts, I have started using stairs whenever possible instead of elevators. I have also started washing some clothes by hand instead of using washing machines. Gradually I will start adding more chores to my routine. Thanks for showing me the way.

In my opinion, if a person wants to do sports, nothing can stop them. It is just their excuses. By the way, I would like to advise you to read the ostarine guide. It will help you to achieve the body shape you want for a shorter period. So, good luck guys

Thanks for this interesting and useful thread. I also exercise at home so that the info will be helpful for me, for sure. I also want to share with you this site healthsadvises.com/, where you'll find many articles about exercising dieting, and also tips on losing weight. There too I found a programm which lasts 21 days and will help to get a fit belly. I hope for someone that website will also be helpful.
    Last edited by Melania James; 08-07-2020 at 02:57 PM.

emma's Avatar Junior Member
    The American Lifeguard and Safety Training™ is a trademark of the American Lifeguard Association® health and safety courses. The American Lifeguard Association has been offering lifeguard courses for over 30 years and has trained over 250,000 individuals worldwide. The US Labor Department has determined our lifeguard programs are equivalent to the American Red Cross training program.

The post is very informative and helpful. You and everyone else are doing a great job. Go on.
    directions