+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fancy Dress - dressing up as Kans Mama :)

Shilpa Sethi's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

Fancy Dress - dressing up as Kans Mama :)

Fancy dress coming up and your mind starts joggle with ideas, I take them seriously as with this your child roll plays characters and enjoy a new identity

School Notice: Dress up your ward for Janamashtami celebrations tomorrow …

One statement / entry in the school dairy can create night mares for some parents, Working parents tend to read notes from the school once they get back from office, and this adds to the day’s stress!

This time I received a note from the school, I told my 3.6yr old – Tomorrow, you have to dress as Krishna in school, on this a series of question came up – “mummy why do I have to dress as Krishanji? What will I dress like in school? What do I have to do there dressed like that?”....and so on,

He being aware of Krishan and Kans story shared his idea of becoming Kans – the bad man to the school
    It was surprising for me, as at this age he was sure he what he wanted to dress like Kans because all will dress like Krishna in the class!
    My job started, he told me “ I want to wear devil horns too, as Kans was a bad man” – the light horns were fetched from our last visit to India Gate, where the vendors go to and fro with all sorts of kids toys

A day before I landed in the nearby market directly from office .The market was full of dresses for Krishna and Radha – probably no one wanted to become Kans, somehow I managed a bit dark color dress- dhoti and jacket with beaded work on it and matched it with a sword made up of card board. The work did not end here – once I came I was supposed to make jewellery, customized crown and belt for my little Kans Mama.

Next Morning, Abeer (my son) woke up excited to dress as the devil and yes this is the outcome:

Abeer dressed as Kans - sorry could not post the image due to image uploading restrictions here...

Share your experience and ideas about fancy dress !
    Last edited by Shilpa Sethi; 17-10-2013 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Image insertion

heyy!! you can upload picture here! I have! the tool bar on top of the text box has an inset image option.. click on it and you can add ur image!

I wanna see ur child dressed as kans! he sounds so smart, anting to be kans when everyone else wants to be krishna! please upload a picture! I made my child mother india :P she was supposed to sing the song from roja - bharat humko...but she completely forgot the song on stage and started crying! she looked adorable ;-) ill find a pic and upload soon!

Blog Entries
    Hi , thanks for liking the thread
    I was unable to insert an image, its there in my Photo gallery so please check from there else check here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/100817788@N03/10326310015/

Its fun to make children appear like someone else in fancy dresses, they look so cute too :P, sure upload your daughter's picture too... will look forward to it.
    Last edited by IndiaParenting; 01-07-2014 at 07:12 PM.

Malti Shanker's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi Really fancy dress competitions are really stressful times for me. I just can't get enough ideas for this. It was really good to know that your son Abeer dressed up as Kans....something different than usual Krishna. Now kids do have their own minds and we must encourage them. I want to see your kid dressed up as Kans. Please upload his picture. Also I want some fancy dress ideas with the theme 'environment'. can you suggest pls.

Blog Entries
    Hi,
    Thanks for your appreciation on my effort
    you can view his images here :http://www.flickr.com/photos/1008177...7636650574464/

Sure, for environment i have 2 suggestions- you can dress your kid as :

1) a tree - wearing brown color pants with green shirt, stick paper / ready made cloth leaves on it. also a note with "don't cut trees" can be pasted on the bark (pants), else your kid can speak out as a sad tree who is worried of being cut, and its causes to the environment.

2) make a round globe through paper chart and draw bad aspects happening to the environment like - pollution, global warming etc you can also ask your child to paste pictures on it like a collage and make crying eyes on it- to show mother earth crying.

Hope this helps you, share your views on it
    Last edited by IndiaParenting; 01-07-2014 at 07:12 PM.

Fatima Shreen's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the ideas. Your ideas are superb, really awesome ideas. I saw your son's pictures and he was looking really cool. Really you had to put in a lot of effort for dressing up in something different. Thanks for the suggestions.

Blog Entries
    Thanks again
    Last edited by IndiaParenting; 01-07-2014 at 07:13 PM.