+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Need to Encourage Outdoor Sports

IndiaParenting's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

The Need to Encourage Outdoor Sports

What are the benefits of playing outdoors for children? How can you encourage your children to play outdoors? How can you break your child’s addiction to electronic media?
    To read the related article, click here.

Malti Shanker's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Outdoor sports are a must for overall development of kids. I know it is very important for kids of all ages. I do not know how to encourage outdoor sports. We live in an apartment in Mumbai and we hardly have any space in or near our building. Most kids are confined with their computers or playstations. What choices do I have in cities like this without any dedicated play area? Any ideas...

Fatima Shreen's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    I agree that with space crunch outdoor sports for kids is nearly impossible. I feel if you try then you can manage it for your kids as nothing is impossible. Why don't you let your kids play hide n seek in the area below your building. you can also take your kids out to a nearby park. I always take my kids out to play in the park behind our building. It is an added responsibility but I make sure to take them to a park. Also I have enrolled my kids in badminton and basketball. this way they get their daily dose of exercise.

Sometimes forcing the children to do things don't work out well. The easiest solution to encourage outdoor activities in children to make them participate in extra-curricular activities in schools like Basket Ball, Skating, Swimming, Volley Ball, etc.. What I have found out is that after my kid started to go for these activities which are mandatory once the kids join in schools like Orchids, I see a lot of change in my kid. He seems to be more energetic and active. Also, he can study well. As parents, you can encourage the kids to pick up some sports.

Earlier my kid had never shown any interest in playing outdoor games. But these days he started to show an interest in playing outdoor games more with family and his friends. In his school, Edusports conducted an event for both parents and the children, which really changed his perspective towards outdoor activities.

It's not easy for kids to make the first step to play outdoor games especially when they are shy. Actually setting an good example for kid or making the outdoor game a family activity can be helpful. In my own experience, I let my kid play an educational app called "Outdoor Play by BabyBus", it showed a lot of fun outdoor activities and motivated her interest to go out successfully. Hope this app can be helpful for other parents too. You can easily find it by searching Outdoor Play by BabyBus on googleplay or itunes.

My child is addicted to computer games and play stations. He hardly is ever interested in playing outdoors. If I force him, he makes some excuses. I tried cajoling and forcing but to no use. then my friend advised me to keep a time aside for outdoor playing. This time should only be for playing outdoors and nothing else should be done. Now I just tell him that if he goes outside even if not for playing but for a walk, its okay then only I will allow him to play on computer. Guess he has no choice left and goes out. If his friends are paying then he pays or else he takes a walk and comes back. I hope gradually he will like going out.

I see benefits in sports betting. It's a really easy way to make money if that's what you want. Follow the link https://all-bet.pk and check out the top list of the best bookmakers. There are detailed reviews for each of them.

I just got to this amazing site not long ago. I was actually captured with the piece of resources you have got here. Big thumbs up for making such wonderful blog page! SEO Services

I realized that I had to make my kids participate more in sports so I enrolled them in the Freedom Aquatics Swim School. They have never been this excited to do something outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Renee Wang
    It's not easy for kids to make the first step to play outdoor games especially when they are shy. Actually setting an good example for kid or making the outdoor game a family activity can be helpful. In my own experience, I let my kid play an educational app called "Outdoor Play by BabyBus", it showed a lot of fun outdoor activities and motivated her interest to go out successfully. Hope this app can be helpful for other parents too. You can easily find it by searching Outdoor Play by BabyBus on googleplay or itunes.
    Yes you are absolutely right I am totally agree with you.

Playing outside for kids has benefits like better fitness and slow sub and growth height, I pretend my kids to play outside with toffee which kids are encouraged, I tried electronic media a lot more than my child I have failed a lot by doing away with addiction.Kinemaster Mod Apk

We have to raise this issue internationally.