+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Very confused with smart plugs and their LED lights.

Very confused with smart plugs and their LED lights.

Kit in the equation:
    4 smart plugs from Amazon
    1 ASUS RT-AC88U router
    1 Echo Dot

I have been using these fine for months now but today when I ask Alexa to 'turn on TV' she lights the ring of LEDs around the plug up but doesn't turn the power on. So I check my other 3 plugs and sure enough, Alexa lights the LED ring but doesn't run the power on.
    Normal behaviour was 'Alexa turn on TV' and the 'TV' smart plug would illuminate and switch on power. 'Alexa turn off TV' - power off and plug lights go out.

I have removed all devices from the Smart Life app, then removed them from Alexa and disabled the Smart Life skill. Then reset the plugs, added them back in to Smart Life and Alexa finds them all but stills sees the LED ring of each plug as one device and the switch as second device.

Anybody seen this and solved the problem? Any input would be great.

Not familiar with these plugs have you tried setting 'tap to run's on the SmartLife app to turn on and off the plug, and then syncing them to Alexa as scenes?

In fact, there is nothing difficult in connecting and configuring LED strips, at least it did not cause any difficulties for me. I use this DMX LED strip and I am completely satisfied with the way it functions. A large number of colors to choose from, and the light is quite bright but not dazzling.