+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Diaper bags - Do I need it? If so, what are my options?

Diaper bags - Do I need it? If so, what are my options?

Hello ladies!

This is my first post here!

OK. I am due in another 4 days and cannot wait to meet my baby boy. Been trying to do a lot of shopping to keep myself diverted. Haha.

I have been searching for diaper bags in Indian stores since quite sometime and I am confused. Why are they either so pink, or so blue or so plastic? And do they have to look like suitcases? Anyway, my point is: I have started to wonder if I even need it. Do I need a diaper bag? Have you bought one? How much do you think should I be spending on it? Do you know any good brands that I should be looking at? Oh and what features should I be looking at when buying diaper bags?

This is my first baby and I feel lost quite a few times with what stuff I need to buy. I would appreciate all your help here. Thank you!!

- Excited soon to be new mom!

Arushi Sahai's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi congrats,
    Diaper bags are indeed a fancy item that one can get away without it. Diaper bags in India are a recent trend and mostly high class or upper middle class opt for it. This is in no means a must have. It simply just makes traveling easier. You can surely avoid it. As this is your first baby, I can understand your excitement but you can avoid diaper bags. Most of the new moms can quite easily manage without these fancy items. Best of Luck

neha francis's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    It's solely your choice but they are not an essential item. I wud say that you shouldn't buy it as it is wastage of money. Instead you can with a little bit of planning and management skills pack the diapers in the same bag. I always did the same thing and never faced any problem.

i feel diaper bag is a necessity. it helps sort out the things. one need not rummage through everything to find something. it is handy and compact. it is also trendy and makes traveling easier and comfortable with a baby. all baby items can be easily packed and compartmentalized.

If this is your first baby, you should read much about all the necessary stuff for it. For example, for long baby sleep, you'd better take Pampers overnight. There are many prejudices about them but a child feels more comfortable when it wears pampers.

I think that diapers are needed, but they are so hell expensive! I can tell you a secret. I almost never buy them for my own money and only win in Facebook contests. I normally enter contests that are meant for celebrities' kids, most likely, as they ask for about 10000+ votes to qualify. I can Buy facebook contest votes if I still wish to participate. So I, and not some Bollywood stars, am often very lucky to win those contests and gifts! There is some equality at least.