+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Barefoot is Best for Baby

Why Barefoot is Best for Baby

Baby shoes are a big business these days! A miniature version of Dad’s favorite sneakers may be adorable, but research shows that it’s best for babies (and older kids, too) to be barefoot as much as possible.

Kids need shoes, of course. City sidewalks and snowy grounds aren’t barefoot-friendly, but warm homes, playgrounds and mud puddles are!
    Why are Bare Feet Good for My Baby?

Unless you notice problems with your child’s foot development (more on this below), being barefoot is ideal. Here are some of the reasons why:

It allows for optimal foot development. At birth, the bones in your baby’s feet are soft. As he grows, the bones harden and the joints, ligaments and muscles in his feet develop. Studies suggest that children’s shoes (especially if they’re stiff, narrow, tight, or have an inflexible sole) can interfere with foot development because the foot conforms to the shoe instead of forming naturally. minecraft classic

It improves agility. When toddlers walk barefoot they tend to look up because the information they receive through their feet orients them and makes them feel secure. Shoes block that intake of information, so toddlers wearing them tend to look down and are more apt to topple over. Shoes can also restrict toe spread, which helps tots stay balanced.

Barefoot steps also boost coordination because they send messages to a child’s brain about how to organize his movement patterns and effectively navigate his body through space.

It promotes awareness. Being barefoot not only frees children to look up and around rather than at the floor, but also helps them learn to safely traverse different surfaces. Walking and running barefoot on hard floors, sand, grass, mud and the like gives children confidence to maneuver their bodies in different settings. Research has even suggested that being barefoot correlates with being less prone to injury.

It optimizes sensory motor development. There are as many as 200,000 nerve endings in the sole of one foot! Even before learning to stand and walk, being barefoot teaches babies about their bodies and their surroundings. Bare feet against swaddles, laps, beds, carseats, strollers and the ground exposes babies to different textures, temperatures, and opportunities to push with their feet and toes. Barefoot tummy time and crawling allows full freedom to use feet and toes for movement.

When You Need Shoes, Choose Wisely

Now that we’ve pointed out benefits of being barefoot, let’s talk about those city sidewalks and snowy grounds. When you need to put shoes on your child, keep these points in mind:

Strong ankle support at the back of the shoe
    Flexibility in the front of the shoe to allow the foot to move
    Wide at the front of the shoe to allow toes to spread and move
    Level sole that matches the floor
    Avoid high-tops, as they restrict ankle movement
    Exceptions to the Barefoot Rule

While being barefoot as much as possible is ideal for the majority of babies, some children, and even adults, may benefit from wearing shoes due to abnormal foot development. Pediatric Physical Therapist Dr. Andrea Hayward, PT, DPT explains that if you notice any of these red flags during the first few years of walking, consult with your pediatrician or a pediatric physical therapist:

Feet are rolling in
    Feet have blisters or callouses
    When standing, toes are turning outward rather than pointing straight
    Knees knock together
    Persistent toe-walking
    Those cute shoes on the shelves these days can be hard to resist. Try using them for photo ops, and then set your barefoot baby free to explore and learn about his surroundings, his body, and movement through his feet!

thank you Patricia for your advices about kids shoes.

Great

Very efficiently written information. It will be beneficial to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work. For sure i will check out more posts. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors
    Digital Marketing expert
    Best SEO Expert

Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info. Thanks!

https://www.lehighvalleypestpros.com/

Foot development of a baby is important. You guide us in a good way. I love this info. Much appreciated.
    <a href="https://www.saclifecoach.com/contact-us">life coach</a>

Foot development of a baby is important. You guide us in a good way. I love this info. Much appreciated.
    https://www.augustagapressurewashing...essure-Washing

Just wanted to say that I read your topic quite frequently and I’m always amazed at some of the stuff people post here just like this outdoor masonry services kanata.

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. More power!
    www.customstairscolorado.com

Fantastic Blog! Thank you so much for the amazing info! Real Estate Longmont

I must say you have written a very compelling post. Great job!

Occupational Therapy San Diego

I am so glad to see this site. longmont plumbing supply

Thank you Patricia Brown for the advice of the best Barefoot for Baby. It helps for a first time mother.

Brandy Robinson,

[size=3pt] concrete contractor mechanicsburg [/size]

Kenn's Avatar Junior Member
    I'm glad I found this forum. This is very helpful. Thank you. inspecteur en batiment brossard

This is really interesting and informative. Keep it up!

hardwood flooring longmont

Research shows that it's best for babies and toddlers to be barefoot as much as possible. Being barefoot allows for optimal foot development, improves agility, strengthens children's awareness and balance on various surfaces, and boosts sensory-motor development. buy hand sanitizer online

landscaping near me

Walking barefoot can help develop muscles and ligaments in the foot, and strengthen the foot's arch. When toddlers walk barefoot, it also helps improve their proprioception (their awareness of their position in relation to the space around them), which is extremely beneficial for their motor development.
    concrete contractor

best car accident attorneys bulk lime near me

I've been doing it wrong before but now that I've read this, I now know that barefoot is best for babies. CHeck out credit repair san antonio for good results.

Thanks for sharing this great information. Calgary Septic Cleaning

This is a great inspiring article. I am pretty much pleased with your good work. You put really very helpful information.
    Elavation Cycling Denver

Wow! So cool! looking forward to more post! Gutter Replacement Greenville

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast