+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pregnancy Weight Concerns - What to Expect

IndiaParenting's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Pregnancy Weight Concerns - What to Expect

Weight gain during pregnancy is a given, but how much weight gain is too much? Should you exercise during pregnancy? Do you know how does your weight gain or loss affects the health of your baby?
    To read the related article, click here.

neha francis's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Exercising during pregnancy is very good for the baby and the mother. I think it is best for overall fitness. I used to do yoga till my delivery and had no issues. I had a smooth delivery and a complication free pregnancy.

Malti Shanker's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    I was told that I had to eat for two during pregnancy so i used to eat more food. Gradually I suffered from indigestion problems and also had put on a lot of weight. By 6th month, I had put on lot of weight and my doctor advised me to go slow. I had a caesarian delivery and till now I have been unable to shed the excess weight.

Fatima Shreen's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Both weight gain and weight loss affects the baby. I feel that too much weight gain is harmful for the baby. It can cause complications in pregnancy. Delivery may be difficult. Weight loss during pregnancy is also not advisable as it can lead to complications. Weight loss can lead to drop in blood sugar levels and cause other complications.

Siya Gandhi's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi gaining weight during pregnancy is quite nature and necessary part of the pregnancy. Some women are quite worried about gaining weight as they feel their body will never look the same post pregnancy. There are some women who opt not to get pregnant for the very reason that they might lose their shape forever.

It is very important to overcome the fear of gaining weight during pregnancy. It is obvious that the body will undergo a lot of changes and may not be the same like before after having a baby. As a women you will also change after you become a mother and there are many women who get back to their original weight and shape even after pregnancy so there is no need to worry.

Shweta Kale's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    During the pregnancy some women develop a phenomena called as pregorexia which is anorexia in pregnant women or who have given birth recently. Those who suffer this have a history of anorexia and weight gain required for the pregnancy can cause eating disorders. These eating disorders are quite dangerous in pregnancy and should be treated by visiting your doctor.

Sonia Roy's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    It is very important to visit the doctor and seek help. You should be healthy as you have a growing baby inside you and its development can be hampered if not visited to the doctor on time.

Ishika Seth's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hello some women have a fear of losing control in the pregnancy. Being pregnant means there are several physical, emotional changes which you cannot control, but there are some things which you can control and maintain like eating and focusing only for the betterment of the baby.

The doctors say it is more important to focus on the needs of the baby rather than focusong on what you want. You should try to eat enough food and nutrients which are sufficient for the development and growth of the baby. Your body should be able to produce enough milk so that you can feed your baby when he is born.

There are some women who suffer from body dysmorphic disorder which means a distorted image of oneself. The mother feels like the body has transformed into something scary in the pregnancy. This mostly happens if they have suffered from an eating disorder or are recovering from one.

It is important for every pregnant women to face her fears and overcome it. There are several changes which take place in the body like stretch marks, weight gain or changes in the breast. It