+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What It’s Like to Have Prenatal Depression

What It’s Like to Have Prenatal Depression

What It’s Like to Have Prenatal Depression — Yes, I Said Prenatal

worrypreg-300x200.jpg

Sometimes it’s not what you feel, but what you don’t feel.

’ll never forget the day I learned I was pregnant.

The air was heavy, in spite of the fact that the weather was unseasonably cool. The sky was overcast. Afternoon sprinkles kept my family on the boardwalk instead of the beach, and I spent the afternoon drinking beers and downing oysters because, for my family, it was an important day: It was my daughter’s preschool graduation.

Of course, when I got on the kiddie coaster, I didn’t think much of it. I eagerly jumped in line with my little girl, and we rode it — twice — before heading to the swings. I whirled around the Super Himalaya long before I knew a baby was on board.

But around 9 o’clock that night, things changed. Everything changed.

Because after a few Blue Moons I decided to take a pregnancy test… and it came back positive. I learned my little family of 3 would soon be a family of 4.

Sometimes it’s not what you feel, but what you don’t feel.

I’ll never forget the day I learned I was pregnant.

The air was heavy, in spite of the fact that the weather was unseasonably cool. The sky was overcast. Afternoon sprinkles kept my family on the boardwalk instead of the beach, and I spent the afternoon drinking beers and downing oysters because, for my family, it was an important day: It was my daughter’s preschool graduation.

Of course, when I got on the kiddie coaster, I didn’t think much of it. I eagerly jumped in line with my little girl, and we rode it — twice — before heading to the swings. I whirled around the Super Himalaya long before I knew a baby was on board.

But around 9 o’clock that night, things changed. Everything changed.

Because after a few Blue Moons I decided to take a pregnancy test… and it came back positive. I learned my little family of 3 would soon be a family of 4.

My husband and I were elated. My son was planned. We’d been trying to conceive him for more than 12 months, and financially, we were set. Our home was ready.

We knew he would make our hearts and family full — but something wasn’t right. I was happy because I was supposed to be, not because it was what I felt.

Initially, I brushed my concerns aside. The birth of my daughter didn’t go as expected — breastfeeding was a challenge and I had severe postpartum depression (PPD).

It took me more than a year to see the proverbial light. As such, I assumed my apprehension was just that: fear. I couldn’t celebrate because I was afraid.

But my feelings never wavered.

I felt absent. Distant.

My depression wasn’t marked by a wave of emotions, it was marked by a lack of them.

When the doctor couldn’t find a heartbeat at my first prenatal appointment, I wasn’t sad. I was ambivalent.

Even after the heartbeat was found, the situation seemed surreal. When my belly grew, my feelings didn’t. There was no connection between myself and the child I carried. I wasn’t attached. And an overwhelming sense of dread consumed me.

I was sure something could (and would) go wrong.

Read More >> เกมยิงปลา

Pregnancy is a special time in a woman's life. And if each of us is prone to depression, then a pregnant woman is even more vulnerable. A friend of mine got over it quickly thanks to her nutrition. She just knew Signs of Eating Disorders I also started visiting this source and found a lot of useful information for myself. Now I also eat right. I love that there is a free mental health test here. It is very interesting.
    Last edited by Paymay; 31-01-2022 at 03:18 PM.

Having prenatal depression can lead to many other diseases. Moreover, you may get more fierce and annoyed. But, this Anger Management Victoria can actually help you to have control over your anger and frustration. The website is also user-friendly and the details are valuable.