+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My mum having an affair under my father's nose

My mum having an affair under my father's nose

I recently discovered my mum having an affair with a man I knew well. He was a gardener in my school. He fell in love with mum and pursued her even when he knew she was married. He was soft spoken and gets along well with everyone. At first my mum thought he was being funny. But later she relented to have an affair with him.

My dad is a good provider and hard worker. But he has an addiction for alcohol. He would drink merily and doze off like a baby. The gardener became good friends with dad. He would intoxicate dad with lots of booze. Then he and mum would sneak into a room to make love. Lately he has become brazen. He would bathe together with mum or kiss and grope her while my dad is dozing after drinking.

He also refers to my mum as his sextoy. He urges mum to get pregnant and give birth to his child. To my surprise my mum agreed. Not a day goes without the lover sneaking into my house, fool my father with alcohol and have sex with mum.
    I'm in a fix. My mum genuinely enjoy her lovers attention. But should I tell my father and put a stop to this affair?
    Please give your feedback as I'm in a challenging situation

You must decide for yourself whether or not to report this to your father. I think that it's not worth interfering in the relationship of two adults. Don't forget that there are different types of relationships, including polyamorous relationships, where partners aren't faithful to each other and this is normal. In order not to embarrass your father, the fact that you know the truth, you can hint to him that your mother is cheating on him with a little trick.

Sometimes people really find a non-standard solution and choose a relationship with a partner without mutual fidelity or without fidelity to one of the partners. But this is more the exception to the rule than the norm. I understand that in this situation you are very sorry for your father, but unfortunately, there is little you can change here. I would not advise you to tell your father that your mother is cheating on him, but if you really want him to know about it, then try to hint about it to him. For example, you can print out and, as if by chance, show him one of the scientific articles describing the signs that a wife is cheating (for example, such as this one https://signscheating.com/signs-your...-someone-else/ ) or plan actions so that your father catches your mother during the betrayal. You should think about it and I'm sure you can find a good solution that will help you in this situation.