Nandini Singh

My divorce and my child

Rating: 5 votes, 4.20 average.
Yes, I am a divorcee! And I am not ashamed of it. Why should I be? It was not me who was wrong.

Belonging to a middle class family, educated to take care of myself and independent. This was me. I was 24 years of age, when I got married to Subhash. His parents told us that Subhash drinks occasionally. I was fine with it. My father drinks too at events, parties or get together. However, he has always been the most sober man I knew. If it was not for my granny, I always believed that the two of them had love marriage. I had never heard either speak rudely. It did not mean they did not quarrel. They did. But, they never stopped talking to each other. When my father was late from some party, my mumma would wait for him. And he the gentleman would always abide by the time limit. Hence, it is evident that I expected the same from my life.

Expectation, indeed this could be my fault in the relation. It attributes the expectation I hold towards my marriage, which made me suffer till date. This is the period almost, 13-14 years back. So, I did not have a lot of chances to know him. However, we did talk once or twice before marriage. I got married within a month. Needless to say, the first few months were beautiful. Subhash loved me. I got pregnant. I gave birth to a lovely daughter, Saloni.

And, then I witnessed a change in his behavior. It will be better to say that the curtain of goodliness draped on him was thrashing. He started coming home late. He was drunk. He used to use foul language. He forced him on me.

I cried. I screamed. I fought. I talked to him. I tried my level best to make this marriage work. I had heard the ill impact of a broken marriage on child. Hence, the educated, independent and smart me, continued to be a victim. And then one day, everything changed. He was way badly drunk that day. He came home. It was the onset of summer holidays. Hence, my 5 year old daughter was up at night. He came. He slapped me. It was so unfair. For the first time, my daughter had seen something like this. She wept all night. At morning she had high fever.

She woke up. She displaced the groom from her doll house. She hated him. That was it. I had made my decision.

I called up the police. I talked to my lawyer friend. I ensured that I got a divorce. It was not easy. But, for my darling daughter this was right. And I know I am right, because Subhash tried to prove all sorts of disgusting allegation on me. I pity him.

So, for all you ladies out there, it is absolutely important in any relationship to stay as a couple. It is good to ensure that your child gets the love of both the parents. But, whatsoever is the case do not let any ill example fabricate in front of your child. It will be better for her or his future.

There are some tips which can actually help you in dealing with the similar situation:-
  1. 1. Educate your child about the bad behavior of your spouse.

2. 2. Make sure to spend a lot of quality time with her.

3. 3. If necessary, talk to her teacher at school about the same. Teachers are good moral boosters.

4. 4. Do not suffer.

You were not brought into this world to suffer. You are strong. Do not forget that!
Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Parenting & Pregnancy

Comments

Feeling really sad to hear your story. You are right why should you feel ashamed being divorce or getting divorce is nothing bad. As things can be worst and two people can’t get along in such situation. You have taken right decision and can visit https://assignmentman.co.uk/hnd-assignment-help/ for assistance of the experts.
    Glad to know that you handled it pretty well. Many kids — and parents — grieve the loss of the kind of family they had hoped for, and kids especially miss the presence of both parents and the family life they had. That's why it's common and very natural for some kids to hold out hope that their parents will someday get back together — even after the finality of divorce has been explained to them. concrete rochester mn concrete driveway repair knoxville
    Mourning the loss of a family is normal, but over time both you and your kids will come to accept the new situation. So reassure them that it's OK to wish that mom and dad will reunite, but also explain the finality of your decisions. Pool builders Austin 1212 meaning
    I wanted to leave a little comment to support you and wish you a good continuation. Wishing you the best of luck for all your blogging efforts. Smartvestor Pro
    it was a wonderful chance to visit this kind of site and I am happy to know. thank you so much for giving us a chance to have this opportunity.. patriotchimneysweeps.com
    I liked your article and I hope you will have many entries or more www.visualfilmworks.com
    Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! www.shayswayinc.com
    I just got to this amazing site not long ago. I was actually captured with the piece of resources you have got here. Big thumbs up for making such wonderful blog page! https://bludigitalsolutions.com/jacksonville/
    No one should be ashamed of getting out of a bad marriage. I fully support you on this one. Sometimes people end up showing their true colors the longer you spend time together. Hoping everything works out for you.

Sammy - https://www.qldmobiledogwash.com/
    social security cards utah has a feature for a special power of attorney. I hope you have secured one for your self.
    Keep fighting. Be strong.

phillips norelco beard trimmer 7200
    On my website you'll see similar texts, write what you think. david hoffmeister podcast
    Updated 22-09-2020 at 09:51 PM by silavax608
    I know that it is hard being a divorcee and you have a child. But we must give our child the emotional stability. Commercial Property For Sale
    Excellent read, Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. how much minced garlic equals a clove
    Hi there, I discovered your blog per Google bit searching for such kinda educational advise moreover your inform beholds very remarkable for me. united Tree service
    I need to vent. I honestly think living in the middle class is more difficult than living poor. You don't get government aid, you don't have the rich's sympathy, and you don't qualify for help whatsoever because help is reserved for the poor. Small and medium businesses were the most affected during the lockdowns and the middle-class owners were hit the most. Luckily, driving instructors mandurah has endured months of quarantines and goes on.
    These websites are really needed, you can learn a lot. a course in miracles audiobook
    I wrote about a similar issue, I give you the link to my site. Rundpools
    Cool you write, the information is very good and interesting, I'll give you a link to my site. Türsprechanlagen
    The best thing you can do in times like these is to spend time with your loved ones. The sad parts of life will come like a storm, but you have to remember it will leave soon enough. I've been through this exact scenario, and I even had to take some time off from commercial painting just to cope.