Hetal Kapoor

Inculcating good habits in my 7 year old

Rate this Entry
It seems just yesterday when the doctor handed me the apple of my eye and said-“congratulations! It’s a boy”. The days have indeed passed in a jiffy. I always thought that it was more difficult to get pregnant (since I was dealing with some health issues). However, as of now it seems the entire ride is a roller coaster. With innumerable moments of happiness, giggles and laughter, I am responsible for providing my little one with good upbringing. After all, man is a social being. Somehow I am always skeptical about how he will grow to be. It may be the fact that I have always been surrounded by the best of males. My father is my role model, my brother is my mentor and my hubby is my best friend. I had read somewhere “if your husband treats you like a princess, he has been brought up by a queen”. And I want to be that queen. The treatment I always dream for all the people he will come in contact with. May be I am going a bit too fast (some of you might already be thinking that!). But, I firmly believe that it is this period of his childhood that will be responsible for framing of his entire life.

So, here are some simple lessons which I am trying to inculcate in him, to ensure that he grows up to be a dignified, mannered and a gentleman (whom I would be proud of!)-

1. 1.Manners- Saying, thank you and sorry is important for me. While there are mothers who hug their children and say, “Thank you, what for”. I am not one of them. If right now, I will not nurture him with apt manners, how will he make it in his practice? Touching the feet of his elders is another important lesson that I have taught him, and am proud of it. So, whether it is his grandparents or paternal uncles he knows very well that respect is important.

2. 2. Safety-in this bad, really bad world, I am definitely worried for the safety of my boy. Hence, have made sure to tell him time and again about good touch and bad touch. I may not be with him all the time. He needs to be careful about himself. So, he never changes his clothes in front of anyone. When he comes out of the washroom he is always draped in the towel.

3. 3. Duties- I love to pamper my child. It’s for him that I am a work from home mother. However, at the same time I want him to understand that there are certain errands which he too needs to follow. So, even when his ever loving grandmother doesn’t like his habit of keeping his own plate in the sink, I show perseverance.

4. 4. Talk to me- this is another trait which I want to see bloom in, my lad, even when he grows up. So I talk to him a lot. I am active on the social sites, but once my son is back from school, my life is all about him. I try to talk to him about everything. I sincerely wish that he will be able to confide in me whatever is bothering him in future.

5. 5. Prayers- I belong to a family where praying daily is a habit which we enjoy. I believe that I will not cross the line or do something wrong, because I have a clean conscious. This clean conscious I attribute to the power of the Almighty!

So, I do have aspiration to see him successful, getting good grades and making his mark in the world. But before that I want him to become a good human!

Updated 07-09-2016 at 12:02 PM by Hetal Kapoor

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Parenting & Pregnancy

Comments

In the Child's there must be good habits so that they are being liked by everyone. In order to notice, custom essay writing services are sharing the whole process through which you can evaluate them easily.
    Inculcating good habits in the child is the most strenuous thing for the parents. When they grow up then these habits can help the child in their decision making. In future, life becomes tougher, especially in professional life. How they would also able to choose the best online resume writing service that can be considered the most helpful service for them which would give them the flexibility to reach the platforms where they have to show the best skills to get a good response from the firm.
    For this web site, you will see our account, remember to go through this info. Tree removal
    I recently came across your article and have been reading along. I want to express my admiration of your writing skill and ability to make readers read from the beginning to the end. I would like to read newer posts and to share my thoughts with you. how many oz in a quarter cup
    The article brings a lot of useful information. Very lucky for me to come here and read this information, please allow me to share your article, it will be very helpful when many people read it. ps5 release date
    Any time you are exploring the net occasionally I find a web site which is usually fairly thought invoking like this one. I want to state that I discovered the information on your web page has been rather interesting and I learnt new things. I'll be certain to watch out for the following article.. Thanks for this fantastic post I will come again in the future. Mayfair Franchise
    It is always good to teach good manners because it reflects their parents. Tethered Drone Systems
    During this website, you will see this shape, i highly recommend you learn this review. ideakoddee
    Mmm.. estimable to be here in your report or notify, whatever, I repute I should moreover process strong for my have website want I play some salubrious further updated busy in your location. konmesin
    I also wrote an article on a similar subject will find it at write what you think. Overland Park Divorce Lawyer
    This is important, though it's necessary to help you head over to it weblink: liposuction cost
    A good resume goes a long way. Find everything you need to know about how to write a resume, types of resumes, tips, and samples just buy resume at Resume Writing Services
    I simply want to tell you that I am new to weblog and definitely liked this blog site. Very likely I’m going to bookmark your blog . You absolutely have wonderful stories. Cheers for sharing with us your blog. 발기부전
    So it is interesting and very good written and see what they think about other people. 바둑이사이트
    We are tied directly into the sate’s renewal database which allows us to process your request almost instantly. No Instamine
    There you can download for free, see the first of these data. free indian cams
    It is especially decent, though look into the tips during this home address. ดูหนังออนไลน์ฟรี
    These websites are really needed, you can learn a lot. A4 Display Stands