Are you cheating on your partner and want to stop it? Read on to find how you can stop cheating and be loyal.
You may be married or in a love relationship and everything is working just fine. One fine day you meet an old crush, friend or a lover and are overwhelmed with nostalgia. You begin by sending text messages, making phone calls and exchanging emails in the name of friendship and enjoy it too.
It brings a fresh feeling to your life that is run out of romance. Before you realise you fall into another relationship that can turn your world topsy turvy. To avoid such heart breaking situations and stop cheating your partner, read on and collect yourself.
How does cheating begin?
You have met someone new and the chemistry between you two sends out sparks. You love spending time with this person and would give up almost anything for another meeting or date. You start neglecting your present partner, do not have time for them and suddenly start losing interest. The friendship with the significant other is blossoming in to a full blown affair. In your heart you know it is wrong but do not accept it. You start find faults with your present relationship to justify your affair. You get into an extra marital affair and soon you are cheating on your partner. Controlling your feelings seems impossible. Although you may feel guilty you continue your affair.
Why is it difficult to give up cheating?
It is hard to give up cheating because it is like an addiction. You know there is something that is bad but you like it. It is fulfilling some need. For example, if you seek intellectual stimulation and your partner is not providing that, you may find yourself getting attracted to somebody who is brainy and fulfills your mental needs. Every little text message, every call and every meeting becomes special, even if it is not going anywhere in the future. Your needs, emotional or physical, are being met by somebody else and you will find it difficult to give it up since you find it difficult to let go off all the stimulation and need fulfillment. You cannot suddenly deal with a vacuum within you. That is why you may find it very difficult to stop cheating.
How to stop cheating and stay faithful
Difficult as it may feel and be, it is not an impossible task. Even after one quits smoking, he goes through painful feelings but certainly survives. You will live too, that too a good life. Stopping yourself from cheating can mean saving lot of trouble and instability. You have to stop something that is wrong. Here are a few ways that can help you stop cheating and stay faithful to your partner.
- Avoid constant messaging and phone calls
- Remember you have a partner who loves you
- Avoid thinking what it could be and what you do not have
- Control your urge to meet up for just one last time, even if it is to end
- Call up your ‘other’ or email that you cannot be in the relationship
- Remember it is not over until it is over
- Talk to your husband or wife about what you expect from your relationship
- Avoid waiting for the right moment to stop cheating. Just do it
- Imagine what will be the consequences if you are found out
- Concentrate towards making your present relationship better
- Meet long lost friends or new ones along with your girlfriend or boyfriend
- Count your blessings and you will see that life has treated you well
- Avoid criticising and comparing your partner
- Avoid comparing your situation with the movies. You are for real
- Show respect towards your partner’s trust and emotions
- Spend more time with your partner. Do special things
- Avoid being negative about your relationship or married life
- Share with your partner if you are not happy about something. It works
- Consult a therapist or relationship expert if everything else fails
In the journey of life you will meet many people, far richer and more beautiful or handsome than your partner. Every time you meet one, you might meet another who is even better. There will always be temptations beckoning you towards themselves. But remember, no one is perfect, not even you.
No one person can fulfill all your needs. So stop being judgmental and focus on making your relationship better. Avoid looking around for new people; it will only create discontent within your heart. Being loyal is not about not being attracted, but remembering you have a loving partner, every time you get attracted.
Have you ever cheated on your partner? Did you do anything to stop cheating? What would you do if your partner confessed to you about an extra marital affair? To share your views and experiences, click here.