+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Godhbharai in 9th month?

Lightbulb Godhbharai in 9th month?

I thought godhbharai is only held in 7th month? My friend just told me that her godbharai is going to be held in the 9th month. Why is that? Is it allowed at any time or is there a specific period during which the godh bharai can be held?

Godbharai is usually done in the 7th month and never later than that. Sometimes it can be postponed a bit due to some family problems or unavailability of auspicious time. I have never heard of it being held in 9th month. there must be some reason behind such a late date. There could be family problems due to which it was postponed to the 9th month. It is usually done in the seventh month, as now the baby and mother are in a safe phase. In some families it is celebrated at the end of the eighth month. Some families do not have a godh bharai ceremony.

I find a lot of interesting information whenever I visit your website foodle, which I do frequently. Not only are there some wonderful articles, but also some wonderful comments. I am grateful to you, and I hope that you will spread the word about my page.