+ Reply to Thread

Thread: kitty party

Arrow kitty party

my cousins recently suggested that all women of our family should start a kitty party...
    i agreed but then they said that everyone should give the person whose turn it is 2000 rupees.

They said that is how kitty parties work. why is that??

Sneha Rathod's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi.

The concept of a Kitty party is famous only in Asia, i.e. India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, etc.\

That is because house wives are most common here. Kitty parties are held to enjoy with other housewives, true..but they are also held to empower women whose source of money otherwise is usuaully their husbands.

whoever's turn it is to host a kitty party, gets a fixed amount of money from all the other members of the kitty party. next month, that person has to give whoever else's turn it is the same money. basically you are getting as much as your giving. but if you want to buy something expensive and you normally dont have that kind of money saved up, the month when it is your turn to host the kitty party, you will get that much money. it will empower you.

Talking How to organize kitty party

Hi i am planing to have kitty party at home can you help me out how to organize the party?

Kitty parties are great way of interacting with friends over some delicious food and gossip. I have been a member of kitty in my society since last two years. It's so much fun. We usually contribute to the kitty some fixed amount and whoever hosts the kitty has to make all the arrangements. You can have kitty party at home and you have to prepare 3-4 dishes or snack items. Sometime we have the party in a hotel also wherein we contribute but its not that enjoyable because then we can't have games. You can play housie or tambola and also organize some other games.

I love Kitty parties as I get to meet friends and its so relaxing. Its a great bonding time and we talk about everything from shopping to food. We also get to learn many things. Just last month, I learnt a new recipe from one of my friends and I tried it at my home. It was so yummy that my family members demanded once more. So its not gossip only but many useful things are also talked about. We too need some time for ourselves after a hectic day of, taking care of family and managing other responsibilities so kitty parties are an outlet for us to have fun.

i mean to say how to organize the party.

i too love kitty parties