+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Caution on Dr. Gopal GR and Manipal Hospital

Thumbs up Caution on Dr. Gopal GR and Manipal Hospital

I would like to let people of Bengaluru know how Dr. Gopal GR (Pediatrician) and Manipal hospital takes patients to ride when patients seek healthcare services. Ladies and gentlemen take note of my experience so that your baby does not go through similar bad treatment from such daemons.

Hence people beware when you go to the corporate hospitals whose sole aim is to make business by fooling people. There is no proper health care service with such a doctor and hospital. It looks like a 1 star hotel with commercial doctors.

I want to give rate poor rating to Dr. Gopal G R and Manipal Hospital Bangalore. All new born babies with normal weight are kept in warmer with 36.5 degrees of dry heat that sucks fluid out of the baby thereby reducing the baby weight by more than 10%. I'm pained to see babies being kept under such warmers or incubators unnecessarily to make rs 4000 – 5000 per day. If the baby is pre term by a few weeks the doctor has all the more reasons to scare the parents and recommends keeping under the warmer. If the baby weighs more than 1800 grams then it is not required to keep it in warmer even if it is preterm (unless there are serious complications). The doctor doesn't take consent of parents to keep them in warmer. The doctor and hospitals are committing sins on the innocent baby & parents and they will reap the sins of such sinister actions sooner or later. The day my baby was born it was pricked 6 times to monitor the sugar levels and it was not informed to us. Unnecessary Metabolic screening is done on a normal baby by babyshield.com so that commissions are passed. Dr. Gopal, you are ridiculous.

My baby was preterm by 3 weeks, it weighed 2.2 kg and otherwise was quite normal. Though my baby was born normal the doctor kept my baby in the radiant warmer or incubator for 50 hours without our consent and it was baked at 36.5 degrees. We did not know much of this as this was our first baby. The baby lost too much fluid, became lethargic, slept a lot and became weak and was not efficiently taking the milk. So the doctor recommends supplements without recommending natural feed. The doctor then said he has to remain in the warmer as he is losing weight. As we raised questions then the doctor gave the baby to us. The bilirubin levels (Jaundice) increased rapidly (but was under the limits 13) as the toxins are not eliminated due to dehydration. The doctor had more reason to put him under LED light for 48 hours and milk some more money. The doctors do not talk about the side effects of supplements but in turn asks parent to take risk. The hospital and doctor takes an undertaking from the parents that the parent is taking the risk of feeding using artificial feed or supplements due to insufficient mother's milk. This is ridiculous as it is false statement when mother's milk output is normal. The undertaking mentions that the supplements can cause injury to the infant's digestive system. The doctor prescribes specific type of supplement only due to influence. The doctors avoid mentioning in the discharge summary that the baby was kept in the warmer.

This is the horrific experience that Gopal and Manipal hospital gave to the new born. The hospital pushes the doctors to make money by recommending unnecessary things so that they can make more money. Beware Manipal hospital has increased the prices too and for this increased price this kind of treatment.

Am really thankful for this piece of info giving us caution on the aforementioned hospitals. So I would like to recommend to go check optica medicala galati out as the alternative place. Their online support is really helpful as well.