+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Is obesity hereditary?

neha francis's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

Question Is obesity hereditary?

Is obesity hereditary? I am getting married and my fiance's parents are both obese. I dont want my child to get the obese gene,.....

Obesity is hereditary but only to a certain extent. Basically its all about eating habits. It results when someone regularly takes in more calories than needed. The hereditary effects can be negated with a healthy lifestyle that is healthy lifestyles can counteract these genetic effects.So you don't have to worry about your child being obese. all you have to do is to follow a healthy lifestyle.

Hetal Kapoor's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    obesity depends on the lifestyle more than heredity. what you eat is what you will be. if you follow a healthy lifestyle, then your kids will follow the same as they learn from parents. eating healthy and being physically fit will keep you and your family ion good health.

Obesity is hereditary in some cases but can also be a malfunction in a person's body alone. Then there are others who are just too lazy.. For them, obesity is caused by lifestyle not by some gene or malfunction..

No, This is not hereditary. It is depends on family treatment. If your family is healthy then he will try to to make more healthy than they.
    Last edited by IndiaParenting; 03-07-2014 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hetal Kapoor
    obesity depends on the lifestyle more than heredity. what you eat is what you will be. if you follow a healthy lifestyle, then your kids will follow the same as they learn from parents. eating healthy and being physically fit will keep you and your family ion good health.
    The sedentary lifestyle nowadays and eating junk food is the primary cause of obesity in this age. It's hereditary to some extent but life style change is required to prevent it in the long run. I agree with you that it's all about life style.

I know that there are problems with weight in children, where adults are in great shape, so I'm 70% sure that obesity is the result of an improper lifestyle and bad habits. I advise you to instill in your child a healthy lifestyle, exercise and a healthy diet since childhood, and then he or she will not have problems with being overweight. I know that only hormonal problems and slow metabolism can be transmitted genetically to the next generation, but now you can easily find the right vitamins and supplements for this, I saw something similar on the Canadian Pharmacy portal, so I think if you seek the advice of a doctor he will find a way to avoid obesity for medical reasons.

Those extra pounds put kids at risk for developing serious health problems, including diabetes, heart disease, and asthma. Childhood obesity also takes an emotional toll. Overweight children often have trouble keeping up with other kids and joining in sports and activities GenF20 Plus reviews before and after