+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to prevent diabetes if it is hereditary?

neha francis's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

Red face How to prevent diabetes if it is hereditary?

I am 25 years old and i love chocolates. My grandparents on both sides have diabetes and so do my uncles and aunts on my mom and dad's sides. They however, dont have diabetes. But i will surely get it. At least, I think i will.

Is there any precautions i can take to prevent diabetes EXCEPT give up chocolates?

You can take precautions, but don't do it too much cause you will loss your happiness. You can every sweets but in certain limit.

Shweta Kale's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi Neha,

You can lead a normal life without the worry of diabetes by leading a healthy lifestyle. You should try to be physically active by doing some exercises daily, get rid of stress and eating healthy. You can have sweets and chocolates but, in moderation.

Sneha Rathod's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    As it is said prevention is better than cure. In case of diabetes running in your family, you can do little other than taking preventive steps. You can be careful of your diet and lifestyle. Try to avoid unhealthy foods that foods high in sugar and fats. Control junk foods and incorporate some form of physical activity. Regular blood sugar level check ups are a must especially after the age of 45. Maintain an ideal weight. All this can make your life better.

I've heard that compression socks help with diabetic feet.

Diabetes is a very terrible disease.
    Last edited by Sesil Lewis; 29-04-2020 at 01:42 PM.

Regular exercise is also important for someone who would like to head-off hereditary diabetes. Partaking in physical activity for at least 30 minutes most days of the week is key to preventing the disease