+ Reply to Thread

Thread: problem of lice

problem of lice

my daughter has a problem of lice. I use medicated shampoos and get rid of the lice but she seems to catch the infection from school. this has been happening for many times. Is there any way to prevent this?

Lice infection is passed on mainly in school. when kids sit near each other, there are chances of their heads touching and this leads to lice infection. you can tell your daughter to maintain some distance so that the heads do not come in contact.

Sonia Roy's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi, I agree with you children have lice problems in their childhood. My daughter also had problems of lice from her school. There were many of her friends who had lice in their head and because of that my daughter also got lice. These lice reside in the head and can be very irritating and annoying because of constant scratching and itching in the head. They are a form of parasite and should be removed from the head as soon as possible. They can also cause sore in the head and it is also said that they suck blood from the head.

Fatima Shreen's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Head lice is commonly seen in pre-schools or school children and is more in girls than boys because of long hair. There are many ways it can be spread from one person to another. It can spread by personal contact or sharing, caps, brushes, combs and even clothes like scarfs. You can feel some tickling and something moving in your head when you have lice. Though that feeling is not nice. You can go to a drug store and ask the pharmacist to suggest a good anti lice shampoo which will help you get rid of the lice after some washes.

Ishika Seth's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hello, a person already having lice in their head should not share their things with others. Their belongings and personal things may carry the lice and be contaminated. Children in school go hand in hand sit together and almost do all things together and hence the lice are transferred from heads. Maintaining a hygienic haircare routine can help you get rid of the lice and bacteria. It is necessary that you wash your child’s hair at least twice a week. Maintaining this routine can help them have a clear scalp and bacteria free head. Make sure to follow the cleansing routine properly.

The main causes of getting lice can be because of unhygienic habits. Coming in contact with already infected person can also cause lice when playing in school, slumber parties, camps and any other sport activity. A child can also contract lice from wearing clothes, scarfs, caps, coats, hair accessories, combs, brushes and towels of the infested person. So make sure your child does not use any of these things which are infested by the lice. These are the number one reason for the spreading of lice and it is not easy to get rid of lice fri=om the head so easily.

In schools now-a-days children have slumber party and sleepovers where they use clothes and stuff of their friends. If their friend already has lice in her head then using their pillow, bedsheet and even stuffed toys can be a barrier to transfer lice in your child’s head. You can consult a doctor and ask for the necessary treatment require to prevent lice from the head. There are special lice combs available in all drug stores which might help getting rid of the lice. You can use it after every two to three days and there are also oils available to remove lice.

neha francis's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hello, you must have seen the advertisement of medimex which is an oil and shampoo especially available for the treatment of lice. It has been effective and I had used it on my son when he had lice in his head. Before taking a bath apply the oil and then using the comb remove the lice. Then have a bath, wash the hair thoroughly with the shampoo and do not dry the hair, when the hair is wet once again comb the hair with the lice comb. This way you can get rid of the lice in your child’s head.

My friend’s daughter used to always contract lice from her friends head. The reason being she had long hair and that is why was an easy prey for the transfer of lice. My friend cut her daughters hair to get rid of the lice, which helped to some extent. But still after some days used to come back. Wash all the clothes which were used by the infested person so that it does not spread. Maintain a proper haircare routine and try to maintain hygiene so that lice can be avoided.