+ Reply to Thread

Thread: helpful in-laws

helpful in-laws

my in-laws take care of my son. I am completely at ease when they are around. I do not have to worry about his food, homework or anything else. they take care of all his needs.

you are lucky to have such helpful in -laws. Mine don't do anything. the least they can do is to take care of him when i am away.

helpful in laws are really a boon

Hi, I must say that you are very lucky to have such helpful in-laws. It is important that the children have an important relationship with their grandparents. My kids have a wonderful bond with their grandparents and are most of the time with them. Having helpful in laws is like a boon to every women in their life. The grandparents and grandchildren have their own monopoly which we are not aware of. They have a habit of spoiling their grandchildren but in a positive way. Today times have changed and the grandparents raise their grandchildren equally and play an important role in their up-bringing.

neha francis's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    I am a working mother of two and we live in a joint family. I am least worried about my children when they are around my in laws. I don’t have to worry about anything when they are with them. My mother in law takes care about their lunch, snacks after they come from school and even put them down for a nap. In the evening my father in law goes down with them so that they can play or they go down for walks and by the time I come home they are also done with their homework and studies.

My in laws do not stay with us, but they live nearby so while going to the office me and my husband leave my daughter at their place. I think I am more relaxed and carefree from the day I have started sending my daughter to her grandparents. It was always an issue to find a good nursery to keep my daughter as we both are working and when we found one she did not like it. My in law were kind and willing enough to take care of her and they could also get some quality time with her.I am really thankful to my in laws.

Riya Jain's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    There are several benefits of leaving your child with their grandparents. They learn a lot of things from them. All of the positive things which should be learnt during this age. Children feel safe and secure with their grandparents. After coming from school granny makes yummy food which her grandchildren like and then it’s time for stories. They always tell tem stories which has a positive message or a moral, inculcating them with positive thoughts. Children love being at their grandparents place and feel free to do anything as grandparents never restrict them from doing anything.

Hi if you have your parents living nearby you can send your children over for a night over so that he or she can spend more time with them, get to know them and also enjoy their company. Majority of the parent today send their children to their grandparent’s house and refuse to opt for outsider baby-sitter. They get to spend quality time with their grandchildren and share a unique bond with them. Being with their grandparents children learn the values and morals of life. Their upbringing makes a difference in the behaviour of the child as well.

Sneha Rathod's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Having grandparents around is the best possible thing for the kids. Today grandparents take care of their grandkids in the absence of their parents. Having them around is a boon and quite beneficial for all in the house. During an emergency when the child is not feeling well, the grandmother can use some home remedies and cure the emergency which we might not even know. Visiting the paediatrician every time is not possible and during emergencies kid’s grandparents come to the rescue. You should feel lucky enough if your in laws are that helpful.

Children enjoy the company of their grandparents. I have seen a lot of children who hardly even know about their grandparents and it’s sad to see that some parents don’t allow them to go to their grandparent’s house. Some have grudges and personal issues but it should not affect the delicate bond shared between the grandparents and the grandchildren. Children should know their grandparents and should also get time to spend with them and know them. Children are different with their parents and grandparents. Spending time with them can also help in the development of cognitive development and many other things.

Hello, grandparents are one big reason for a healthy development of the child. Children can spend time with them reading books, listening stories, playing, singing, listening music and the attention which grandparents give to their grandkids helps in improving the learning and developmental skills of the child. It is always better to have a trusted caretaker for your children than an outsider and when your in laws take the responsibility of taking care of them then that is a wonderful thing. Having a trusted family member to take care of your kids is like a wish come true for many of them.