+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 10 Facts Your Child Must Know About the Republic Day of India

IndiaParenting's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

10 Facts Your Child Must Know About the Republic Day of India

What should kids know about Republic Day of India? Which are the interesting ways to celebrate Republic Day with kids? Which activities should be carried out with kids on the occasion of Independence Day?
    To read the related article, click here.
    Last edited by IndiaParenting; 28-01-2015 at 06:04 PM.

Malti Shanker's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Republic Day is few days away but our kids do not have much knowledge about this important day. When I asked my kid about this day, he was clueless. I think this reaction is common with most kids. Kids today are not much aware of our history, legacy and country.
    The education system is such that it does not create awareness but promotes rote learning. I feel that we must help our kids to know about our country and the hardships we all faced to get freedom.
    Republic Day is the right day to start imparting knowledge. We must first of all tell them the difference between Republic and Independence day. Kids should know why this day is celebrated and what is the significance. Being informed about this, will help kids to respect our country and take pride in being Indian.

Children must know all the facts related to Republic Day. There are many interesting and amazing facts about this day as on this day our constitution came in to force. Children should be aware of the significance of the day. they should also be made aware of our constitution as it is very unique. Our constitution is the longest in the world. Many children don't know what happens on this day. Republic day is actually celebrated for three days and each day has its own significance. Only when kids are made aware of all this, will they be able to respect the country and abide the rules and laws.