+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Baby Names: How to Select the Best Suited Name for a Baby

IndiaParenting's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Baby Names: How to Select the Best Suited Name for a Baby

How to choose the best name for a baby? What are the benefits of choosing a baby name through astrology or numerology? Which things should be kept in mind while naming a baby?
    To read the related article, click here.

I went through the article and really liked it. It is important to give a suitable name to the baby as it is only the name through which the baby will be recognized later. the name will be the main identity of the baby. sometimes parents name the baby due to some sentiments and later when the baby grows up, he or she is made fun of. This can lower the confidence of the baby and may also hinder his or her development.
    The criteria given for choosing a name in this article is apt and should be kept in mind while naming the baby by all parents. Parents should give a name that reflects their personality or has some good meaning. Personally I do not like names after celebrities

Dhwani Singh's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    I would anytime prefer to go for a short and sweet name for baby than a unique name. a unique name can create problem for the child later on in terms of pronunciation or meaning. I would suggest that parents should go for names that are easy to spell and pronounce and have a meaning. Now a days names mythological names are not in vogue so it is better to do away with such options.
    Choosing a name through astrology or numerology ism a good idea as it brings in luck for the baby. Through such names, parents ensure a good beginning for the child.
    Before keeping names, factors such as religion, values can be considered.

Nice Article!! Yes choosing a name for your baby is really not an easy task. Specially when its all about your baby. Some times Parents don't leave a single stone unturned to take a nice name for their baby. No matter wether it is based on numerology, religion or anything else. some times back, I was also confused what name should I give my baby. I explored it a lot, read baby's related article, blogs and searched baby names too. Few of them were really good like
    You can find many more on this site.