+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 10 Ways to Deal with Child’s Tantrums

IndiaParenting's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

10 Ways to Deal with Child’s Tantrums

Why do children throw tantrums? Is it alright to yell or spank children if they start throwing tantrums? How to handle a child if he or she starts throwing tantrums in public?
    To read the related article, click here.
    Last edited by IndiaParenting; 30-12-2014 at 07:02 PM.

My sisters 7 year old kid throws a lot of tantrums. If he does not have his way, then he becomes angry and throws a fit so my sister has to give in to his demands. I feel this is not right as then he will not be disciplined and will not be able to value things. It's not that she does not try to control him and make him see sense but he does not listen to her. Her yelling too has no affect on him. I have suggested her to divert his attention or let him cool down before speaking to him again. When he realizes that she will not give in, then only he will not be throwing temper tantrums again.

The best way to deal with tantrums in kids is through patience. We have to be patient and control our anger because if we lose control then the situation will go out of control. Let the kid understand that throwing tantrum would be of no use. The kid needs to be dealt with strictness or else leniency will make him or her feel that he or she is right and will get away with everything.
    Parents need to be strict in dealing with tantrums. Often kids throw tantrum for no specific reason and if this is the case, then parents need to be strict and explain the kid as to why he or she can't have her way. Explanation often works if done the right way.