+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for Bharatnatyam teacher

Looking for Bharatnatyam teacher

I am planning to learn Bharatnatyam, I stay in Noida, I am looking for a bharatnatyam teacher who can train me as a professional in bharatnatyam.

Wink Look for an academy not a teacher

Hi Sejal..

I dont know about any particular teacher in Noida as I am from Mumbai, but I am a Bharatnatyam dancer myself.

I would like to suggest that instead of looking for a specific teacher, you should look for a Bharat Natyam Academy. That is because, in bharat natyam, its not just dance class but its like a course. There are exams every year. not written, but performing exams.

So you will still be learning from a teacher only, but at the end of the year, another guru will come to your dance teacher's place to grade you on your dancing.

I agree with pari, bharatnatyam Academy is the best choice. If you are able to find it near your place, then it would be great. Else you can learn it from a good teacher. A good Guru can help you in learning the nuances of Bharatnatyam. Many Gurus also organize stage shows which help in overcoming stage fright.

Sneha Rathod's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    For training in Bharatnatyam, rather than a teacher, an academy will be best. This dance form rigorous training for many years along with exams and all this is possible in a dance academy or institute. It is a comprehensive course and one cannot learn everything from a teacher. Stage exposure also helps in gaining confidence while performing on stage.

tonyb's Avatar Junior Member
    Close car vinyl wrapping services have dance academy form rigorous training for many years along with exams and all this is possible in a dance academy or institute.

Yes, Bharatanatyam is a very beautiful dance. Bharatanatyam circulates in ever-expanding directions. The form has moved well beyond its twentieth-century epicenter, the city of Chennai (formerly Madras), and its pulse can be felt in every major urban centre around the world.

Lilis's Avatar Junior Member
    This is how my sister found a husband for herself. At first she was advised to read these reviews. She chose a dating site and met a dance teacher. She came to his group and realized that this was exactly the person that she needed. He had many fans, but she was able to tilt luck in her favor) A little feminine cunning and great success in dance and his heart at her feet.