+ Reply to Thread

Thread: In-Laws Not Leaving us alone

In-Laws Not Leaving us alone

I am newly married and my in-law do not understand that we need some privacy. They keep on disturbing us and discuss useless issues. They keep on talking about various after-marriage ceremonies and do not let us go anywhere. My husband is also not concerned about privacy issues. They keep on interfering in all our issue...I am tired

neha francis's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    As a newly married, you do need some privacy but family functions are also important. marriage is just not about you and your husband but also about the family. Try to understand their point of view. after- marriage ceremonies are also important so happily take part in them

Arushi Sahai's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    you should give importance to your in-laws and customs also. you need to follow customs as they keep reveryone happy and also give you peace of mind. after few years down the lane, you will be remembering these days.

neha francis's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    if your husband is not having any problems then why do you have. Take it easy. this is a part of life. all other are part of family and they have a right on you also as now you are a family member. I believe once these rituals and customs get over, you will get sufficient privacy.

yes keerti shree is true.

Neel S's Avatar Junior Member
    Just take a chill pill... everything will follow.... including privacy... N'joy status of newly married.. no one would give you so much importance afterwards...

Hi trupti,

I suggest you start appearing disinterested in all rituals, Your inlaws if they have some brains they will understand. I know how tiring they are. I personally been through all of it. Just let them finish once and for all without consuming much of ur time. Talking about privacy, you will get it. Dont worry.
    Also understand that these aged people have very less to do, hence the outcome : disturbing others by discussing useless issues. I have been through all of it...
    I have spent numerous days and months discusing with in-laws about my future plans, investment plan, house buying and lately my MIL and SIL are indirectly forcing me to have chilren etc etc.. do they need to be involved in all this..??? NOOOOOOO....Still i feel u are at a better position, try and maintain distance rite from now.....

Hi , i iknow your mother in law will be old nature time women , plz 1 try to understand your mother in law n father in law with help of your husband what all problem they had , how they manage their life n son .at there time . Your in law want u to be best with all ritual .at night she will not disturb u ... Seva is dhar of all wife to her mother in law ......try to prove her that u r better then there . Try to send more time with them . Your in law n your husband with tell to when u will do husband seva ....i hope u understand