+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Resuming work after pregnancy

Resuming work after pregnancy

I am eight months pregnant i am worried about resuming work after pregnancy...I know it is difficult to leave the little bundle of joy and get back to work. I am planning to resume work in the 4th month after delivery, please give some tips for making the transition easy for the newborn.

Sakshi P's Avatar Junior Member
    Dear sushma, Dont worry. first think of ur baby. Hope by this time u are enjoying with your child. If u r planning to go from 4th month it is okay to proceed, u need to be bit careful, take healthy diet and do not stress up at work. god bless. take care

Malti Shanker's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi sushma, I know it is really difficult to leave your bundle of joy for work but I guess that's life. As you have planned to resume work after 4 months of delivery, till then you can enjoy your time bonding with the baby. with a little bit of planning and time management techniques, you can resume your work without having a guilty feeling. When I resumed office 6 months after delivery, I used to get up a bit early to spend some time with my baby. I used to massage her, bath her and feed her before going out. After returning, all my time was with my family. I also had a full time maid to save on my family time.

Shilpa Sethi's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Dear Sushma, I resumed to work as my baby turned 6 months, for this I had discussed this with my doctor, as my worries being child away from me, taking top feeds etc i was also kept worried all the time when i was about to join...My doctor suggested to start giving him mashed bananas from 5th month and small quantities of cow' milk for a gradual transition from Mother's milk to other stuff.
    I have given my baby my milk till he was 2.5yrs old trust me initially its difficult for a mother to even think of getting away for long hours like we spend in office but over the time, the guilt goes off, your child also starts to know that mother is away from him...and gradually it settles.
    A mother can only understands the pain of being away from child...but do not stress your self thinking about the same now. Enjoy your last month of being pregnant...its important for you and baby's health, and don't you worry no mother looses a chance to give her best, I am sure you will do a great job too

God Bless and have a healthy baby delivered next month

Fatima Shreen's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    I am a mother of a newborn and planning to resume work in one or two months. Initially I was quite apprehensive of resuming so soon, leaving my small kid at home. Then I chanced upon this club and was glad to become a member. I am happy to know the feelings of fellow members who are or will be in the same position as me. It gives a solace and lots of moral support. I will be exclusively breastfeed my child for 6 months and will invest in a breast pump so that I can store the breast milk when I resume my work. I know it will be difficult but there is no other option left for working women like us.