+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Helping Kids Deal with Enlarged Adenoids and Tonsils in Winters

IndiaParenting's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Helping Kids Deal with Enlarged Adenoids and Tonsils in Winters

What are the causes of enlarged adenoids and tonsils? Which home remedies are useful for helping kids to deal with enlarged adenoids and tonsils? Why do enlarged adenoids and tonsils cause more trouble during winters?
    To read the related article, click here.
    Last edited by IndiaParenting; 11-12-2014 at 07:08 PM.

Adenoids and tonsils are lymphoid tissue that prevent the entry of bacteria and other infections . They are present at the end of the throat and these also produce antibodies to ward off infection. In kids enlarged adenoids and tonsils are common and are due to infections. Kids get infection quite often and this results in swelling of tonsils. The infections are mainly due to throat infections and can be painful. Other cause may also cause enlargement such as allergies and gastroesophageal reflux.
    Infections are more common in winters. These cause a problem when they lead to frequent ear infection or sinus infections. In extreme cases, there may be loss of appetite and weight loss.

Siya Gandhi's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    My sister's 9 yr old kid always has swelling in adenoids and tonsils and so he has always difficulty in swallowing. It pains him a lot. My sister consulted many doctors but he is not recovering completely. The situation becomes worse in winters. Whenever he has cold or flu,it happens. Now he has started taking homeopathy and we are hoping that he recovers soon. I think this has more to do with increasing the immunity as then there would be no infections.