+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Immunity for five year child

Immunity for five year child

Hi Friends,

I am Sunitha Vasanthan and I am having a 5 yr daughter. My issue is her resistance against illness is very poor due to which she falls sick and has cough, cold for every weather change.

Her food diet I follow is as mentioned below.

1) All vegetables with her meal on daily basis which includes leafy veg - once in a week
    2) Two glasses of milk mixed with complan
    3) Oats mixed with complan, nuts & badam powdered, soya powder, health mix (powder of all grains)
    4) Fish/chicken (once in a week)
    5) Chyavanaprash on daily basis

In spite of following the above food chart, I dont see any improvement in her immunity. At times she falls sick suddenly at mid night without any symptoms of cough, cold which doctor name as viral fever.

Please advise me on what I should do in improving her immunity.

Thanks & Regards,

Sunitha Vasanthan

Hi Sunitha,

Your child's diet plan seems to be very good. at her age, if she is having such a diet then it is a healthy trend and she will have healthy eating habits when she grows up. Your daughter's diet seem to be lacking on one thing and that is fresh fruits. She should have at least 3 servings of fresh fruits daily. Fresh fruits are rich in antioxidants and vitamins and minerals that will help to boost her immunity. You must include fresh fruits in her diet on a daily basis.

The diet that you have planned for your daughter is a well planned and if you add fruits then it will be perfect. As your daughter is now too small, so continue with this diet plan and she will develop immunity gradually. Don't worry as in a year or two, she will be much stronger and resistant to common infections.

Thank you for your advise Ms.Usha. I will definitely add fruits to her diet. I am sure that will improve her immunity.

I am glad Sunitha that you liked my advice. You will surely be able to notice the change within few months. Take care while buying fruits and vegetables though. Avoid the ones that are shiny and too brightly coloured as they are with harmful chemicals. Before giving them to your daughter, make sure to wash thoroughly under running water to remove chemicals.

Sonia Roy's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Try to include citrus fruits in her diet as they help in boosting immunity. also continue with the Chyavanprash as it is known for immunity boosting powers. Daily intake of chyavanprash prevents common illnesses in kids such as common cold or cough. I would also suggest you to make sure that she has enough water intake. Most kids drink very less water which can lead to dehydration or accumulation of toxins.

Dr dipak hadawale, Ph. D chemistry promoting ganotherapy using ganoderma, king of herbs, king of Ayurveda. Ganotherapy effects into higher immune power and better metabolism.Feel free to be in touch dipakwaman@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Usha Kothmire
    Hi Sunitha,

Your child's diet plan seems to be very good. at her age, if she is having such a diet then it is a healthy trend and she will have healthy eating habits when she grows up. Your daughter's diet seem to be lacking on one thing and that is fresh fruits. She should have at least 3 servings of fresh fruits daily. Fresh fruits are rich in antioxidants and vitamins and minerals that will help to boost her immunity. You must include fresh fruits in her diet on a daily basis.

The diet that you have planned for your daughter is a well planned and if you add fruits then it will be perfect
    suggested site. As your daughter is now too small, so continue with this diet plan and she will develop immunity gradually. Don't worry as in a year or two, she will be much stronger and resistant to common infections.
    Golden advice, I think