+ Reply to Thread

Thread: want to know what excercise & diet to follow

want to know what excercise & diet to follow

my kid is 3 months old now..i had cesarean delivery & there were some complications initially..but now i am felling good ,so wanted to start some excercise..pls suggest some ideas

Hi Swetha! Congrats for being a proud mom. Now that your baby is 3 months old, so you can start a exercise regimen along with proper diet and if you follow it regularly, then you will be able to regain your pre-pregnancy weight. But do remember, this will take time and never expect faster results. The slower the weight reduction the better it is to maintain. You need to start walking. Walking is the best exercise and the simplest also. Start brisk walking for at least half an hour and gradually you can increase the time. After you build your stamina, you can incorporate other exercises. As for diet, you should have normal healthy diet with lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. Do not have too oily or spicy food.

thank u simran for ur suggestion..sure i'll try this...

Hi Swetha,

Since you had a caesarian and its been 3 months so you are now healed and can start exercising. Make sure to not to do any strenuous exercise or lift heavy objects. You can begin with pelvic floor exercises. These are very beneficial. You can do this while doing other chores such as when you lift your baby, tighten the pelvic floor muscles and tummy muscles.
    You need to have patient and do the exercises regularly. Start with simple exercises twice a day with a set of 10 such as squeezing pelvic floor muscles.
    Aerobic exercise should also be incorporated such as brisk walking, swimming, jogging and so on as these help in weight loss. Avoid high impact exercises for up to six months.

thank u Minal....

Well really liked the exercises mentioned by Minal and Simran. My sister in law also had a caesarian delivery a month ago. She is not yet fully recovered and she has put on a lot of weight. She would really get a lot of help from your tips. She needs to be completely healed before she can start a diet and exercise program. She needs at least 2-3 more weeks before she can start the exercises. But I would like to know, if she can start some simple exercises right now or not.

What is your daily exercise routine? Have you noticed the difference after starting exercises. Do let me know, how you are doing after starting your exercise routine

Minal ,I am not able to go for walking so I've started little bit of yoga at home..hope it will work

Hi..I had a vaginal delivery...had sutures...its being 15 days I have been healed from pain..when I can start exercise to get back my abdominal tone ? what type of exercise or yoga I must do and how long ?