+ Reply to Thread

Thread: tips for bottlefeeding

tips for bottlefeeding

My baby is three months now and I am planning to resume work so I am trying to feed my baby with a bottle but he is not taking to bottle feeding. He just refuses bottles. Any suggestion on how to start bottle feeding.

Hi,
    I guess there can be some problem with bottle, because even my baby was not ready to take milk from bottle. The bottle nipples can be a possible reason. So i searched and got one different type of baby bottle : Anti colic glass feeding bottle. This bottle has got some interesting features which gives a relief to mother concern for her baby. I got it from Reebaby .in, for more details you can check there site.
    Last edited by IndiaParenting; 01-07-2014 at 05:16 PM.

Don't panic as some breastfed babies won't settle for anything less than the breast in the beginning. You don't have to change your plans about going back to work.Breastfed babies may not accept bottles from their mothers. So rather than try this ask some other person to bottle feed your baby. Even the father of the baby can bottle feed.

Hetal Kapoor's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    If your baby is not taking to bottle feeding easily then try to experiment with different positions for bottle-feeding. Some babies like bottle-feeding in the same manner as breastfeeding with skin contact. so different positions work for differen babies. Try out the one that works for your baby.

It is really difficult to start bottle feeding a baby. When I had started out, I tried many techniques before finding the right one. Try to simulate the breastfeeding experience while bottle feeding. this works much better. Ensure that the nipple resembles your breast so that your baby can have an easy start

Just a simple tip that everyone forgets, that you should keep it sterlised as monsoon season is nearing and may bring may anti health factors for your child. I use chicco sterlinatural sterlizer by chicco. You can research in market according to your need as this is one important factor in keeping your baby healthy and fit.