+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any school provide cctv surveillance access to watch our child

Any school provide cctv surveillance access to watch our child

Can anybody suggest me is there any school which provides CCTV surveillance access to parents to watch kids. Please let me know if there any schools which give access

ravi

I don't think any school would allow CCTV surveillance access to parents to watch kids as this can create problems in future. All the parents would be watching the video footage and finding faults. This could lead to breakdown to the complete education machinery. When a child is admitted to school, it is done on a faith and trust so this needs to be maintained. By gaining access to the child, faith and trust is broken and this will in turn affect the child.

Thanks for your reply, but parents will be more happy if they can watch their kids. For every technology there are pros and cons. Here if we take positively
    1. we can watch our kids whether they are eating properly or not.
    2. If you watch news daily u can find there are so many people who are molesting children in school and we can get rid out of it.
    3. we can see our child and teacher behavior.

I can agree with you point saying that trust will be broken but we can given access up-to 4th standard like that coz small kids wont have intelligence to express. That's why if parents get access to watch their kids at least for preschools and kids schools it will be great,

Hi Ravi,
    Read all the above discussions and agree that every technology has pros and cons but I feel allowing CCTV surveillance access to parents is not a good idea. It can hamper in the working of the school. As each parent has own set of values and thinking so what is right for one may not be for the other. For example some parents feel that hitting children is okay but most are against it. We as parent need to make our children independent by allowing him or her complete freedom. Through CCTV this will not be possible as we will always be monitoring and later instructing our kids or the teachers to do things which we think is right. As you said monitoring kids if they are eating properly or not; we will instruct our kids to eat or may take the help of teacher and thus force feeding. The child will never learn to eat by own.
    This can also hamper the freedom of the children as they know they are always being monitored by their parents. I agree molestation is a grave issue but this would not be of much help. It will hamper the development of children. Rather we should try to make our kids smart. Even monitoring preschool students has its cons. Parents would be too interfering.