+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to do proper make up for my engagement

Question How to do proper make up for my engagement

Hi
    Can any one tell me how should i do make up for myself. i heard about mi-fi make up pancake is very good and simple to apply, but i couldn't find any website to buy it can any one pls help me it's my engagement.

Red face Make up tips and tutorials

Hi Rohini.. Congratulations on your engagement! As for your make-up, I would first warn you to apply your make-up on the basis of your function. Is your engagement going to be at home? Or are you having a Big Ceremony? What kind of lights are going to be there? If a videographer is going to be there to film your ceremony then the lights will be very harsh orange. In that case your make up needs to be applied with a heavy hand i.e. apply a lot of it.
    if you are going to apply it yourself.. practice beforehand.

for a few nights before your engagement, put a lot of cold cream on your face so that dry flaky skin does not show when you apply foundation... on the day of your engagement, first wash your face with cold water and an oil-removing facewash.
    Then take an ice-cube and rub it all over your face and neck. this acts like a natural toner and closes your pores which helps your skin look very clear. Also, it helps your makeup stay on for longer.

Then you need to use a primer. I use Maybelline's or L'oreal's primer. It is also important as it gives your face an even look. just take a very little on your fingertip and rub it all over your face.. all those little bumps will no away and your skin will look smooth.

Then apply a lot of concealer under your eyes and wherever else you have dark marks.
    Then you have to apply foundation. I prefer to use a L'oreal or ColorBar compact as liquid foundations make my skin look oily.

Keep a tissue above your eye lashes, add colour your eyelids with a pale pink eye shadow. Ideally it shouldnt be glittery as this is just a base coat. Now you can go wild with colouring your eyes..

I am getting late right now but dont worry! Ill finish the rest of this post and post it on your thread tomorrow ok..? I expect to see you reply till then

Oh and start drinking like 2-3 litres of water if you want your skin to have a natural glow on your engagement day!

Chalo, talk to you tomorrow! BBye!!

Be sure to apply brighter than normal make up if you are going to have a video person following you around. Their lights are too bright and so the make up needs to be brighter or it will not be visible. Ensure that you put your makeup in a light similar to the place your engagement will be so that you can be sure of how you will look in that kind of light.

don't do dark makeup. light makeup always best for photos and video.

Quote Originally Posted by Radhika
    don't do dark makeup. light makeup always best for photos and video.
    Hi Radhika,

by dark do you mean heavy makeup or do you mean dark colours?
    If you mean dark colours, then I agree - dark coloured make up doesnt suit anyone! and no one can look natural - they look too made - up! But you do need to apply heavy make up if you have those bright lights with video people... otherwise your face will look dull in so much light..

In fact, in my brother's wedding, we made my brother also put a little foundation so that he doesnt look so dull on the camera...