+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Top 10 Common Lies Which Kids Tell Their Parents

IndiaParenting's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Top 10 Common Lies Which Kids Tell Their Parents

Why do children lie? Which are the common lies kids tell their parents? How to break the habit of lying in kids?
    To read the related article, click here.
    Last edited by IndiaParenting; 30-09-2014 at 06:24 PM.

The most common lie that children say is out of fear. When children fear that their parents will scold them, they tell a lie. The most common is I don't know . When I was a kid, even I used to say this quite often and another lie that kids often say is 'I didn't do it'. These are simple lies that children mostly say to parents and they mean no harm while saying this as they say out of fear.

My friends son is just 6 years old and often he says I didn't do when he breaks something. Though everyone knows that he was behind that mischief but still he says. This is innocence and we all just love this innocence of his. But I feel that his parents must provide him the right guidance so that he does not make this as a habit.

Dhwani Singh's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Kids often lie about studies. Even if they do not study or complete their homework, they will lei of doing so just only to do the thing they want to do like playing or watching their favourite program. Most often while going out to play, they will randomly lie that they have finished all their homework and other studies.

Lying is the most common trait you might see in all children. You might notice that your children don’t always say the truth to you. There are several reasons because of which children lie to you. You should not believe what your child has been saying and try to find the exact reason why your child is lying and the nagging feeling is actually a lie which he is telling. You might feel that your child can’t lie but, hello! He did on your face. Rather than thinking what he lied try to focus on the reason why he had to lie to you.

There are several reasons for the children to lie to their parents. If something happens and you ask your child whether they know it you will always hear these same answers like I don’t know, which is not true at all and they absolutely know what is wrong. They will continue to ignore you and if you ask them if they did it they will straight way say no I didn’t do it. Now you probably know who did it and still if you ask them whether they did it, they will try to blame their sibling or someone else but not tell the truth.

One of the biggest lies which you will ever hear is that they have finished their homework or do not have any homework today. This might be absolutely false and not true as they might be having homework but don’t want to do it as they want to watch their favourite cartoon or play outside or anything else. They lie to you so that you do not make them do their homework and they enjoy more outside. Now-a-days children lie so that they can play with the ipad or laptops or play ps3. You should keep a check on their books everyday so that they do not lie.

The most common lie you can hear from them is that they ate their lunch. Some children hate vegetables and rotis and therefore don’t eat it. Children love junk food and want to eat it all the time. My child used to hate his tiffin which had roti bhaji, he used to throw the rotis to the dog every day and after coming home would complain of being hungry and start eating the junk available at home and he lied to me that he finished his tiffin every day. Make sure your child also eats his tiffin every day.

Hi, my child had a habit of saying that he feels sick whenever he was told to eat his lunch or told to study and sometimes even while getting up for school he used to say that. The reason being he hated to eat chapatti and that is why lied to me, he also did not like studying so he gave reasons of not feeling well. When he had his homework incomplete left he would give this reason to not go to school. Later on I learnt of his habit and talked to him calmly that what he is doing is not right.

Quote Originally Posted by Pooja Sinhal
    Hi, my child had a habit of saying that he feels sick whenever he was told to eat his lunch or told to study and sometimes even while getting up for school he used to say that. The reason being he hated to eat chapatti and that is why lied to me, he also did not like studying so he gave reasons of not feeling well. When he had his homework incomplete left he would give this reason to not go to school. Later on I learnt of his habit and talked to him calmly that what he is doing is not right.
    If your kid hates Chapati to this extent I suggest you have a Gluten Tolerance Test done. It is a simple blood test that will show if your child is allergic to gluten, a substance contained in wheat.
    General symptoms of gluten intolerance are short stature, stomach upsets (indigestion, constipation, loose motions etc.), and a general weakness.
    All the best.