+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Exercises for lower back?

Exercises for lower back?

Hi guys!

I have been suffering from lower back pain for a while now. My doctor suggested i take up exercises that can help strengthen it. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Sneha Rathod's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

Planks for Lower Back

Try the PLANK:
    The plank works your entire core and upper- and lower-body muscles. Lie down on your stomach. Lift your body off the floor with your forearms (elbows at 90° degrees) and your toes. Keep your body in a straight position (without arching your back) and hold for 30 seconds to one minute. Lift one foot in the air for added difficulty.

Wall Squats

Try wall squats. I do 50 of them a day!
    Heres how:
    Stand with back leaning against wall.
    Walk feet 12 inches in front of body.
    Keep abdominal muscles tight while slowly bending both knees 45 degrees.
    Hold 5 seconds.
    Slowly return to upright position.
    Repeat 10 times.

The more you exercise, the better

Exercises to reduce low back pain are not complicated and can be done at home without any special equipment.
    It's important that you don't let fear of any pain keep you from trying some physical activities. You should try to be active soon after noticing pain, and gradually increase your activity level. Too little activity can lead to loss of flexibility, strength, and endurance,leading to more pain

Dhwani Singh's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Great for the spine, check this out:
    Start position: Lie on your stomach, and prop yourself on your elbows, lengthening your spine. Keep your shoulders back and neck long.
    Action: Keeping your neck long, arch your back up by pushing down on your hands. You should feel a gentle stretch in the stomach muscles as you arch backwards. Breathe and hold for five to 10 seconds. Return to the starting position.
    Repeat eight to 10 times. Do as many sets as you can
    Tips:
    Don't bend your neck backwards.
    Keep your hips grounded.

This should help! Good luck and get welll soon!