+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Things to Do When You are Angry with Your Child

IndiaParenting's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries

Things to Do When You are Angry with Your Child

How can parents control their anger? What should parents do when they feel like yelling at kids or hitting kids? Are there any constructive ways which parents can follow to express anger?
    To read the related article, click here.
    Last edited by IndiaParenting; 27-08-2014 at 05:11 PM.

I feel it is very important for parents to control their anger. The way parents behave in a particular situation is observed by kids and they too follow the same. As a parent, I weigh my actions always. Before releasing my anger, I try to analyze whether my action will affect my kids negatively or not. It is easier said than done but I always try this way. When I get angry on my kids, I try to go out of the room and come back only after I cool down.

Whenever parents feel like yelling or hitting at kids, they should try to control their anger. It is best to come out of the situation by getting out of the room. Diverting the mind is also a great way to control anger. Control over the words is very important as it can affect the self esteem and development of the child. Even a minute of diversion can help in controlling the anger.

When you are angry, you should try to remember that the issue is not a big one. Try to focus on your breathing. listening to music is helpful. It relaxes the mind and helps you think rationally. You can go out of the house and take a stroll in fresh air as it is also relaxing and has a calming effect on the mind.