+ Reply to Thread

Thread: weirdest

weirdest

What was the weirdest thing your wife had said to you, or scolded you with, during her pregnancy?

She had a craving for a rare combination of Chole and Tikki (chickpea and fried Indian potato patty) at 10 pm in night.

I was a bit surprised as she never liked both these things but somewhere inside I knew women crave weird things during pregnancy.

I rubbed my eyes, got properly dressed up and took out my car in the pursuit to find Tikki.

I searched the entire city but could only find stray dogs making love or barking at each other.

As I was returning empty handed, suddenly I saw a Tikki seller almost shutting down.

That moment was magical!

I rushed towards him in all the happiness and excitement.

I requested him but he refused, I told him that somebody sick needs to eat it desperately.

Finally he agreed.

I was an achiever that day. (I mean who could find a Tikki at that time)

I finally took that Tikki and returned back home happy.

As I reached my room, my wife's desperate and hopeless eyes lit up like LED bulbs.

I handed her the packet in all the pride.

Within a few seconds of digging her hands in the packet she looked up and said-

?Chole kahan hain? Mujhe Tikki nai, Tikki Chole khane the!?

(Where is the chick pea, I wanted a combination of chick pea and patty)

She didn't eat it!

I took it back in the kitchen, gulped down a Tikki, returned back and took the quilt above my head and slept.

A pregnant woman is not her original self, she is a 5 year old kid who won?t take a ?no? for anything! Handle with care!

(By the way I succeeded in bringing Gulab Jamuns next week at same time)

Thanks Sakshi Shrivastava for A2A!