+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Visitation rights

Visitation rights

I had an abused relationship with my husband so divorced him. He used to abuse me and my children also. Due to this I sought to separate from him and after divorce have been living with my parents. My husband has got visitation rights to the children, and I am literally worried. What if he abuses them?

If your ex-spouse has a history of abuse, then you should have point this out to the court. when the court is deciding on parental visitation rights, do put forth your point. if a court thinks that the non-custodial parent is likely to harm or abuse the child during his or her visitation time, the court will order that all visitation be supervised. This means that any time the non-custodial parent spends with the child must be in the presence of another adult. so you need not worry

Yes I agree with Saahil. Any time your ex-spouse spends with the child, he must do so in the presence of another adult. This other person could be someone agreed upon by you or a person that is appointed to the role by the court. However, all supervisors must be approved by the court before he or she can fill their role.

great suggestions, all..