+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Confused over dance forms

Confused over dance forms

My daughter is fond of dancing but I do not know which dance form should I enroll her in? Sometimes I wonder will enrolling her in classical dance form benefit her in any way? I am quite confused......please help

Indian classical dances require long term commitment which is possible when started at an early stage.I feel after you have mastered Indian classical, it would be easier to learn western or any other dance form so in this way classical dances score over other dances. Rigorous training also helps in building stamina which is a prerequisite of different dance forms.

You can go in for Kathak or Bharatnatyam or even any other classical dance forms. Training in classical dance forms gives flexibility and grace to the body which is very important for other dance forms. Bharatnatyam is most popular classical dance but equally Odissi and Kathak are also popular. You will know the value of classical dance training only later in life as it will be easier for your kid to master all other dane forms easily.

Classical dance is any time better option as one learns many things from this such as discipline, hard work, flexibility and grace. After learning classical dance, it is easier to learn western or Bollywood dance. But have you asked your daughter about her interests? Any how you can convince her to learn any of the classical dance forms such as Bharatnatyam, Odissi, Kathak and so on.