+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how often should you wash towels?

Question how often should you wash towels?

how often should you wash towels being used daily for hygiene purposes? and should you soak towels before washing? what is better - washing laundry by hands or washing machine?

I wash towels once a week generally but if it gets dirty before than that then I use another one. I do not like the musty smell on towels so I try to wash them often during monsoons.

Towels... I toss mine after about two weeks? When it feels dirty. I use a different one for my body and then my hair / face, so the hair one doesn't get changed as often or it downgrades to becoming the body towel...In my family each member has a different towel.

Mariam Dsouza's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    I feel that towels should be washed by hands and that too after soaking. To keep the fluffiness and softness intact, my mother advises me to wash the towels by hand. I also use a fabric softner at the end to keep their softness intact.

I mostly prefer manual washing !! It would satisfy me. In the case of towels, I usually wash them separately i.e never add with clothes. Without any fabric softener, I wash bath towels once a week. I think that would be fine and protecting the fabrics of the towels !!