+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Red Velvet Cupcake recipe

Post Red Velvet Cupcake recipe

I just tasted the red velvet cupcake and fell in love with it. What is in it that makes it different from the chocolate except for the colour? Can someone give me a recipe to make eggless red velvet cupcakes at home? Thanks.

Hetal Kapoor's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi..Found this on some site..

EGGLESS RED VELVET CUPCAKE RECIPE
    250 ml (1 c) milk
    7 ml (1and a half t) apple cider vinegar
    375 ml (1and a half c) flour
    250 ml (1 c) caster sugar
    30 ml (2 T) cocoa powder
    2 ml ( half t) bicarbonate of soda
    2 ml (half t) baking powder
    pinch of salt
    60 ml (quarter c) oil
    15 ml (1 T) red food colouring
    5 ml (1 t) vanilla essence
    ICING
    100 g butter, softened
    225 g cream cheese
    500 ml (2 c) icing sugar
    5 ml (1 t) vanilla essence
    2 ml (half t) red food colouring

1 Preheat the oven to 180 °C. Line 16 muffin tin hollows with paper cases and grease lightly with nonstick spray.
    2 Mix milk and vinegar and set aside for 5 minutes to curdle.
    3 Sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
    4 Add the oil, food colouring and essence to the curdled milk and whisk well. Slowly add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients, whisking until well incorporated but not overmixed.
    5 Fill each muffin tin hollow just more than halfway. Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a rack.
    6 Icing: Whisk together the butter and cream cheese and gradually add the icing sugar until smooth and creamy. Beat in the vanilla essence and divide the mixture between two bowls. Add the food colouring to one bowl and chill both in the fridge for 10 minutes.
    7 Put the white icing in a piping bag then add the coloured icing. Pipe over the cooled cupcakes and serve.

Hi, Thanks so much.. But this looks like an international recipe.. Apple Cider Vinegar and all is not easily available in India unless you buy from imported grocery stores. I dont want to spend so much money on it.. Can you or anyone else pleaseee suggest some other simpler red velvet cupcake recipe please...

Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this red velvet cake recipe here. I am currently looking to get some bulk tellicherry peppercorns, and thanks to you, I have the recipe for it now. I hope you'll continue to help me out in the future, as well.