+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Recipes with garlic

Recipes with garlic

My doctor has advised me to have plenty of garlic in any form. I just can't manage to have them raw and I do not know much recipes with garlic. Is there any way I can incorporate garlic in my food that too in a healthy manner?

Mariam Dsouza's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    I know a simple recipe using garlic. It is garlic pasta:
    Serves 4 �1 head plus 8 cloves garlic � 1 pound spaghetti � 2 tablespoons olive oil � 3/4 cup dry white wine � 1 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped � 1 teaspoon red-pepper flakes � Salt and freshly ground black pepper � Parmesan cheese, for grating

Directions 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wrap garlic head in foil, or place in garlic roaster; roast until soft and golden, about 1 hour. Let cool, trim tip of head; squeeze out cloves, using back of knife. Transfer to small bowl; set aside.
    2. Cook pasta until al dente. Drain, and run under cold water to stop cooking.
    3. Thinly slice five cloves of unroasted garlic. Finely chop remaining three cloves. Heat oil over medium heat in large skillet. Add sliced garlic; toast until golden and crisp. Remove garlic with slotted spoon; set aside. Add chopped garlic; saute until translucent, about 1 1/2 minutes. Add roasted garlic and white wine; let simmer about 3 minutes. Add pasta, parsley, red pepper, and salt and pepper to taste; toss. Serve sprinkled with toasted garlic slivers. Grate Parmesan over each serving.

It is really healthy. Try it and let me know how it was.

neha francis's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Even I know of fast and easy pasta recipe Here is the procedure:
    Pasta with Olive Oil And Garlic

1 pound dried pasta 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil 3 cloves roasted garlic, minced 1/4 cup pasta cooking water 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
    Cook the pasta al dente.
    Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the pasta water, red pepper, salt, and parsley and bring to a boil. Toss with the cooked pasta.

Nice suggestions for the kitchen dwellers. Pls do try the garlic specialty cooking recipe of ours here too.