+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Right to property

neha francis's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

Right to property

Hi,

I am single and staying with family which includes my parents, 2 brothers and 1 sister who is married.
    My question is do I have the right to fathers property.

Currently I am living in my brothers house for the last 7 years. This house is in his name and my fathers name. I don't get along with brother and always ends in serious arguments/spats. He has always threatened me to leave the house. My parents don't say anything about this since they think that son's are the ones who will look after them.

My father has one more house where I have spent my childhood. Now he his planning to sell his old house and give the money to my brother only. As my brother wants to buy a bigger home to raise his own family.

Do I have a right to this property? Can I demand my share of right to his property? OR is this solely my fathers decision to
    whom he wants to give the property money?

Please guide.

Thanks & Regards,
    Neha

Hi Neha,

I am sorry to say this, but if the property is solely in your father's name then there is nothing that you can do. If he is of sound mind, he can do what he wants with his property.

Maybe, you can speak to your father about leaving you a share of the money as well, but legally I dont think you have any right over the property unless you are named as one of the owners of that property.

Shweta Kale's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi Neha,
    Hemali is right. Unfortunately, you don't have any right to your father's property if your father is of sound mind and decides to sell it, it is his right. In the same way, it is his decision to spend the money how he wants (in this case, give the money to your brother). All you can do is speak with your father and ask him to safeguard your interests as well..

Hi
    you don't have any right to your father's property if only your father wants than u can Claim It other wise Not.....