+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I am frustrated with my mother-in-law

Siya Gandhi's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

Angry I am frustrated with my mother-in-law

My MIL is constantly nagging me about how i take care of the kitchen. She cannot walk for long so she keeps on shouting from the hall. She will yell things like have u put lids on all pots and pans, have you closed the fridge door properly, close the stove, blah blah blah!
    I cant take it anymore! I dont want to back answer but i really dont know how long i can take her yelling such basic things to me as if i am 5 years old!

how can i deal with an annoying mother in law.? give me ideas!!

try to deal with the situation with patience. handling with anger will only worsen the situation. Try to work in accordance to her wishes. Very soon she will realise that you are doing the way she wanted and will stop yelling. If she is yelling for no reason, then put across the point to her in a subtle manner.

Shweta Kale's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    some mil are naggers and may be your mil is one of them. you can deal with this by winning her love and affection.. do everything possible to please her, she will be happy and then she will not find fault in you or your work.

Kaumi Sharma's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    try to see things from her perspective. She loves you and wants to be involved in your life.determine the triggers for those outbursts and think about ways in which you can avoid them. If conflict is impossible to avoid, respond honestly without sugar coating.

Hetal Kapoor's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Please talk to you husband about this. Make him understand your viewpoint and perhaps he can speak to his mother so that such situations can be avoided in the future.

Mariam Dsouza's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    I dont think just talking will help, Sagrika. she should do something big. to make them realise that she is more than capable of handling the kitchen. you have to put your foot down. maybe suggest that duties in the house should be broken down, everybody should handle what they are good and noone should interfere in the others work. u can tell ur mil that since she cares so much about the pots and pans, its her duty to check the kitchen before going to sleep. so she will not need to annoy u all day then..

Quick reply to this message

Arushi Sahai's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    i dont agree with vanitha. most MILs couldnt care less about their daughters in law! they just put up with them. Sagrika and Shveta both have nice ideas tho. try them out Gita!

Siya Gandhi's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    I dont feel that talking will help.........just tell tham that you are not a two year old child to be told all these things.....or else ask to show you practically how to manage kitchen and you just watch.......see the reaction.........u will fall down laughing......??? she will never agree to it.....u knw why??? coz if she teaches you.....she wont get a chance to complain......AND Now comes the biggest SECRET!!! COMPLAINING IS AN ENTERTAINMENT FOR HER AND A TIMEPASS !!!!.................(NO OFFENCE MOM-IN-LAWS)