+ Reply to Thread

Thread: worried about kids after divorce

worried about kids after divorce

Me and my wife are in the verge of getting divorce. We have a 5 year old son. Lately I have noticed that he is withdrawn and does not talk much. he does not like to play also. all this is affecting his studies also. I am worried about his future ....

Fatima Shreen's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

taking care of the kid

I think your kid must be knowing that his parents are going to live separately. this may be affecting him. He is still quite small to understand the complex relationships. Sit down with him and try to explain the situation without blaming anybody. He will slowly be able to adjust.

neha francis's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries
    Kids are most affected by divorce. They cannot think of their life without both the parents. It is the duty of both the parents to take care of the kid so that his future is not affected. Reassure him that he is not responsible for the divorce and that his parents love will remain same as ever. nothing will change. these type of reassurances will make him feel secure and he will be his normal self again.

You son is most probably in a state of shock as he is unable to fathom the reason of your separation. Try to spend more time with him as he is still small. Ensure everything will be same even after divorce. Prioritize your kidbefore everything else. Your son needs security and if you provide him with that than he will be normal again.

I believe that it's important to take care about all the issues prior the divorce is started. I think, you should keep being supportive and loving parent and in case of necessity you should go to see a therapist with your child. Your son is definitely taking your divorce hard, so just let him live it through. Don't drag him into quarrelswith your ex and prepare when it comes to sharp angles.Be aware about property division, as it is usually a stresspoint for many spouses. For example read about that prior you have started property distributio for example here https://gaonlinedivorce.com/the-divi...rce-in-georgia as far as your son's well-being completely depends on your relationship with your wife.