+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What do I do with my ex-boyfriend's things?

Riya Jain's Avatar Member
    Blog Entries

Question What do I do with my ex-boyfriend's things?

My boyfriend and I had a very messy breakup. We had a turbulent relationship for 4 years and then when I finally broke it off for good, he refused to accept that we were over and kept calling and texting me.
    The only way I could show him that we were truly broken up was from completely ignoring him. I havent spoken to him, texted him, or met him since 6 months. Now, I think he s finally realised that we are done. I have a lot of mementos of our relationship. I have a lot of his childhood photos that I had kept in my diary. I want to return them to him. But I am worried about talking to him. Actually, I am scared to talk to him. What if he makes me realise that I miss him. Or worse, he tells me to go to hell. I dont know if I can take it. But I should give him his things back right? His childhood photos are a memento that has nothing to do with me. Im sure he would like them back. What should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Riya Jain
    My boyfriend and I had a very messy breakup. We had a turbulent relationship for 4 years and then when I finally broke it off for good, he refused to accept that we were over and kept calling and texting me.
    The only way I could show him that we were truly broken up was from completely ignoring him. I havent spoken to him, texted him, or met him since 6 months. Now, I think he s finally realised that we are done. I have a lot of mementos of our relationship. I have a lot of his childhood photos that I had kept in my diary. I want to return them to him. But I am worried about talking to him. Actually, I am scared to talk to him. What if he makes me realise that I miss him. Or worse, he tells me to go to hell. I dont know if I can take it. But I should give him his things back right? His childhood photos are a memento that has nothing to do with me. Im sure he would like them back. What should I do?
    Hey Riya,

Yes, I'm saying it to keep it with you, sounds strange. but here is an experienced explanation.

Ahh, I would suggest keep 'em with you, In a safe ,box ,carton, chest or trunk (which you can hideout from you eyes but knowing where it is), Just keep them away from daily reach. Because, even if you throw those things in bin or something. Still some time or later a craving would be there for a subliminal thought whatever happened cant be repaired. Hence these momento' would be memoirs of those awful memories. which will always remind you that It has happened for good and its over.

It would be like a lesson, whenever you forget and wanted a disinterested opinion from yourself, just have a look at 'em . these gift and belongings from your past relationship, makes you recall that "you shouldn't repeat the same mistake (rather Blunder) of turmoil and chaos".

And do not think on his part that he'd like to have those things back. Let him do it on his own, if he needed he'll ask for it else, keep them in that "hideout" trunk, away from you.

because, human memories are shortlived they get melts with a word called "sorry".
    personally, I dont feel some wrinkles could ironed out.

Hope it helps enjoy life its beautiful.

Regards,
    Hemali