My girlfriend and I have been dating since we were in college so that’s 5 years. From the beginning she had said that she loves me but cannot marry me since she is of a different religion from me. She is vegetarian and I am hardcore non-vegetarian. She lives in a huge joint-family and does not wish to go against her family’s wishes. She comes from an orthodox Marwari caste. She told her parents about me and asked them if she could marry me. Her parents were pretty understanding. The problem is with me. I am just 25 and in my family boys marry late. My elder sister is unmarried yet so obviously I cannot get married before her. Plus, I have just started a small internet based business one month ago. Before this, I was just working somewhere and was giving my exams to go abroad and study. We are both from very rich households but in my family, it is understood that I have to start my own businesses. I want to marry her but I cannot think of all that for at least another 2 years. I have to go abroad to study and I need to have a set business before getting married. Her parents too refuse to let her marry me until I have a well paying job or business. They are willing to go against their community and let her marry me despite my being a non-vegetarian. But because she is from a Marwari family, they cannot wait any longer to get her married. I don’t know what to do! Please help me. We cannot stay away from each other. But in all honesty...at this stage it seems to be difficult to be with each other as well. What should I do?